MKSGR:
Joost:

A brave decision, but I think he also realized he would never win another championship; he won this one thanks to an immensely dominant car and bad luck of his superior teammate. With the utmost effort, he managed to be in the correct position to snatch up the championship from between Lewis' jaws, but in the mean time, the next generation is also rattling on the cage... A wise decision if you ask me, cause otherwise he would have ended up like Button, Massa, Alonso, and all the others; once great drivers, but not in the top ranking anymore.

It is also true that neither of them (Rosberg, Hamilton, Alonso - even Vettel) will likely win 7 or more titles in total. I.e. it is very likely they all will remain below the benchmark set by Schumacher. Thus one could argue that it does not matter so much if they continue for a year or two...

+1

NR will not be missed very long time!

Cash wise very brave move from him to drop out of his contract and lose a lot of money, on the other hand he's a father and therefore I can fully understand him!