Quote:
lavaman23 said:
Anyone who would go for a Cayman S over a used 996 TT or GT3 at similar price needs their heads examined.

The Cayman S is nothing but a marketing exercise to shaft the would be Porsche owner who wants to save a few PoundsPoundsPounds on buying what is essentially a Boxster with a tin roof. 15bhp for Pounds6k extra is an absolute joke.

To me the 911 is the real deal, say like proper home cooked lasagne and the Cayman S is the mircowaved version. Still tastes like the home cooked version but not quite as flavoursome.

Now this is some funny stuff! Strange how just about every review pretty much claims the opposite....how the 911 has become more sterile over the years and how the Cayman is a breath of fresh air to a lot of Porsche fans.

How will you feel when your $$$ home cooked "real deal" lasagne gets scorched by a $65k Chevy??

I'll offer my own comparison.....

For me the 997 is the high dollar blond with fake boobs and weekly botox injections.....she may get the most stares and her bra size will have the biggest numbers.....but when it comes down to what I want to be with on a daily basis she is not it. I'll take the natural bodied brunette with the better and more playful attitude and less baggage to contend with. She may not have the cup size the blond has, but she will end up being a lot more fun.

I'll leave it to someone else to chime in on redheads....