Quote:
RC said:
If I had the money, I would buy the Veyron immediately. This is one of the last super super super sportscars, if not even the first AND the last.
It isn't actually the top speed which fascinates me but the whole concept, the whole technical background and of course the acceleration from standstill to 100 kph, 200 kph and 300 kph. This car should NOT be sold to people without a proper handling training first, no matter what car they drove before. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that half of these cars will never hit the street.

Yes, RC,

One car mag article I read speculated that most of them will likely end up in museums. Imagine one of those on display in the Louve.

I wonder if a bunch of rennteamers would think about a "group buy" of a Veyron, sort of like a Condominium timeshare, if ten of us got together, the car would cost only 100,000 euros per person. That's less than a specced up 997C4SCab. I don't know how the insurance coverage would work, though.

Maybe Hertz, Avis or National Car Rental might get one. I'd hate to see the daily rate for one of these babies.