Quote:
MikeN said:
RC was genuine in his remarks and stated his valid opinion of the Cayman compared to the Boxster S.....but remarks such as yours Ron we can all do without. This is a Porsche list.....not a 911 list.

You'll be surprised to hear that I still know Porsche "hardcore" hardliners and owners who still don't consider ANY other car than the 911 to be a true Porsche.
I don't agree with them, just to make that clear.
BUT personally, I have to admit that I don't see the reason to go for a Cayman S. Don't get me wrong, I bet the Cayman S it the hell of a little sportscar and I also bet it is fun. But so are other cars too, not only Porsches.

Like it or not but many many people out there in the wide world view the 911 as the only true Porsche SPORTSCAR, not necessarily the only true Porsche. And sorry to have to admit it, they are somehow right. I love my wife's Boxster S, it is fun to drive. I love our family Cayenne Turbo Powerkit, it is the hell of a family mover. But when I get inside my 997 CS, I get this feeling...goose bumps allover. 911 magic...it gets you...