Quote:
MikeN said:
Quote:
Ron (Houston) said:
Thanks for the info RC .

I agree 110% opt for a 911 that's the real thing.

Pretty dumb remark coming from anyone especially a Rennteam editor.....I guess nothing but a 911 is the "real" thing in the Porsche world?? I really hate to see a great list such as this succumb to statements like this.

RC was genuine in his remarks and stated his valid opinion of the Cayman compared to the Boxster S.....but remarks such as yours Ron we can all do without. This is a Porsche list.....not a 911 list.

Mike,
Point taken but take it easy dude, this forum's alive thanks the RC and Ron in the first place. If you think one's of them dumb, ciao ciao amigo and have a good life!

Ron's remark was a cheerful one and very enthousiastic, he didn't need to elaborate because RC did all the work to be honest, and a pretty work too. I know the fat man (that would be Ron) personally and trust me, when it comes to car, we're all humbled, he does stuff with four wheels I didn't think possible. Contraty to what you might think, he is not a 911 freak but knows his stuff very well, that's all.

Now back on the topic, great read RC and very interesting, it confirms what you said all along, Porsche are great at engineering but are clearly even better at marketing!
Boxster coupe, a bit more HP et Voila! Cancel the 911! Cancel the 911! all the great journnos of the world write... Pfff...
Great car nonetheless, I admit but not really a bargain.

You did change your perspective on the 911 line though RC, I remember that when the Cayman was announced, you wrote that Porsche was testing the market to eventually replace the 911, hence the minimal change between the 996 and 997. Glad you realised that the 911 is the real deal, but do you really think that Porsche eventually wants to attract Cayman buyers to 911 ownership in the mid to long term? I'm not sure.

Now a Cayman with a 997S, THAT would be something, but it's not gonna happen of course, because, although it's not true financially, Porsche wouldn't be anything without the 911, isn't it Mike?