Quote:
beltar said:
Quote:
MMD said:
Sorry guys, IMO the Cabriolet is just not very nice looking in profile. Too humpy, reminds me of the old VW Kharman Ghia, with the big bulgy rear end. Cloth top always looks out-of-place on a sleek shiny, supposed-to-be-smooooth car. If you want a cab get a Boxster? Having both a 997S and 986S I can tell you the Boxster is more fun to drive.

You give the answer yourself: the boxster is more fun , not because it's a boxster, but while it's a cab...
Owning a 997S cab, you would speak otherwise...
And concerning the looks, that's very personal IMO

Sorry, I did it again, wrote a post, suddenly got bizzy around here, hit the send button too fast.

Boxster is definitely more fun because it is a cab and handles more relaxed-ly. The top should always be down! Boxster is a compromise when the top is up IMHO.

The Cab 911 IS a compromise too. They have to put the top somewhere so the profile is messed up. No problem, they messed up the profile a bit in the coupe anyway; see photo outlining the hump. But Cab profile is way different.

The original poster was asking for views on the cab. assuming the coupe is the "ideal classic 911" my personal point of view is there's a compromise with the Cab which people should assess for themselves.