https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/united-kingdom/article/detail/T0266320EN_GB/bmw-group-daimler-ag-ford-motor-company-and-volkswage...

Maybe the first start? Still having my doubts though, especially regarding how much the charging will cost. In Germany, we basically have no nuclear power plants anymore and if ELVs are going to replace motor cars, I wonder where all that needed power is going to come from? yes

I think there is a lot of political pressure here but in the end, I'm not sure how well this is going to work. Especially since ELVs are currently more expensive than "normal" cars. Also, the technology is advancing fast, buying an ELV doesn't make sense. Special lease offers would be necessary and many people don't want to lease.

Sorry, I do not see a bright future for ELVs right now...maybe in a couple of decades.

What the ELV industry needs is revolutionary technology to push ELVs forwards on a mass transportation scale:

1. Faster charging (battery should be charged from 10 to 100% capacity in just 5 minutes or faster).

2. Wireless charging (yes, no kidding but since we are talking massive power here, it will probably take decades until such a technology is available...if ever since it will be a serious challenge from a physics point of view).

3. Fusion power (to get the necessary power at lower cost).

In 50 years or so? Maybe. In 10 years? Very unlikely. Sorry but I have my doubts this is going to work.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)