Today a good friend surprisingly told me that he considers buying a Porsche. He's not really into sports cars but he wants to fullfill a lifetime dream, to own a Porsche.
He asked me what Porsche I'd buy right now or better: which Porsche would be the "best buy" from a money spending point of view.
He really caught me cold footed, I really didn't know what to answer. Personally, my favorites are the GT3 RS and the new GT2 right now. But these cars are not cheap and I'm not sure this is what my friend wants, especially because he wants to spend a certain amount of money and his wife isn't very happy about it. So it would be a Porsche to own for a "lifetime", or at least 5-6 years...

I thought the whole afternoon about what my friend asked me and I came to a surprising conclusion: the best buy for money at Porsche right now is the current Porsche GT3.
It has the "classic" engine, it is very fast for a normally aspirated engine, it is light, it has class and represents Porsche's racing heritage, it is easy to drive compared to the GT2 and GT3 RS and it should keep a good value even after a few years of ownership.

So I told him to buy a GT3 and he was very surprised about my advise. He thought I'd rather recommend him a 996 C2 or a Cab.

I'm sorry if I bore you with my little story but I put so much thinking into it, I thought it might be worth sharing it with you guys.