Quote:
Al Pettee said:
Quote:
Per said:
I know it will be speculations but what do you think about the engine sound - both when in idle and when accelerating - from the upcoming 997 TT S version. I know it's a bit hard to get a "growly" sound with the twin turbos but do you think we can expect a "better" engine sound compare to the 996 TT and 996 TT S?

- Per

Per,

I have noticed with my 996TTS (it's a cab), that with the top down, the engine sounds quite loud, with a high-pitched scream when the forced induction maxes at 4,000-5,000 rpm, and it's alot quieter top up (at least quiet inside the car, but louder for those on the sidewalk watching the car rush by ). You might want to consider a 997TTSCab when it comes out so you can enjoy the engine sound with the top down without the car's insulation blocking it out when the top is up.

Per,

I see you are on the list for the 997TTSCab (as am I here in the USA): "Smart minds think alike."

Agree on the 996TTS creating quite the roar in mid-range bursts. Was recently driving alongside a pal's 996TTS in my 996TTS Coupe (all closed up) on the fwy and the roar of his car doing 80-120MPHish bursts on the fwy was very audible and enjoyable even from inside my closed car.

Prob w/996TTS is its launch from, say, front of a restaurant/hotel in a city setting....as one chick described it, 996TTS unfortunately sounds like a docile Toyota in terms of urban "presence" though car guys realize it can destroy most any car on the autobahn/in the twisties....

Just put in an order for a 997GT3, which may arrive before 997TTS....I figure w/PSM and PDK, GT3 will be a far more interesting car dynamically and aurally than any 997TTS.....sometimes "less is more"....