...insurance do you need? Only you can answer that. For instance, some insure their cars with $50 and $100 deductibles (in collision and comp. coverages) and pay high premiums, and some buy that coverage with $1000 deductibles. I'm among the latter, and people are amazed at how low my premiums are.

Back to vehicle-repair policies. I don't buy extended warranties for ANYTHING. BUT...I've never owned a Porsche or any other vehicle for which parts are so expensive. I plan to buy one for my Turbo. I got one quote for 5 years & 100,000 miles for c. $2500 or 6 years & 100,000 miles for c. $2900, both with (I think) a $100-per-occurence deductible. This warranty claims to cover everything the factory warranty does EXCEPT 'wear-out' items. In my case, the spring dampers (known forever and incorrectly as shock absorbers) are part of the air-suspension struts and so aren't covered. I haven't decided whether that's a deal breaker. Call your dealer and ask the price on the 220-amp, water-cooled alternator your Cayenne is equipped with. Can you afford to replace that including several hours at maybe $110 per hour?

I think I'm buying an extended warranty.