Quote:
MKSGR said:
Quote:
RC said:
Quote:
NeverFastEnough said:
I was at my local Porsche dealer just last week and enquired as I am on the "waitlist" for a 997TT, when we may see them. They were adamant that we will not see the 997TT when we see the face-lifted Cayenne...spring 2006. Therefore, at the very earliest it will be the fall of 2006.

BUT according the my dealer's Porsche rep they really have not made any firm decision on that...it is a possibility that Porsche may wait to introduce the 997TT as a 2008 model which we may not see until 2007. Remember that there always seems to be a 2 year lag between introduction of the NA version and the appearance of the TT. The 997 C2 and C4's are coming out now in 2005, so the TT...(do the math).

It seems on this and other webpages that the opinions are split to be 50/50 on 2006 or 2007. If you say 2006 most are hopeful, if you say 2007 you just seem to p*** people off and get flamed for a while.

This isn't about being hopeful or whatever, this is about a FACT. The 997 Turbo is indeed coming spring/early summer 2006, unless there would be major problems with development/production shortly before the launch.
So we're not discussing WHEN the 997 Turbo is coming but HOW it'll come, meaning how much power it will have, other technical specs, etc. Right now 480 HP are on the table, a few days ago I heard even 500 HP flat for the base version but unless I see it black on white (preliminary data sheet, whatever), I'm cautious to say I'm 100% sure. One thing is for sure: people who own a 996 Turbo or who recently bought a 996 Turbo S will be pretty disappointed because the jump in power AND performance will be substantial.
Porsche needed to make this step to be able to cope with cars like the Lamborghini Gallardo, Mercedes SL55, Ferrari F430 and so on.

If the rumored introduction date period of June 2006 for the german market is right, the US market will get the first cars VERY LATE august or early september. I don't call that summer or late spring anymore.

The only real mystery remains the 997 Turbo S. Is it coming together with the Turbo at the same time or not. I get very very confusing information and honestly, I can't tell 100% sure, not even 80% sure that the Turbo S shows up immediately at the same time with the Turbo.

So to cut down to the point: yes, the 997 Turbo is coming around the middle of next year (2006 as a MY 2007 model). The REAL interesting remaining questions are:
1. how much power and torque?
2. how high the price increase over the 996 Turbo?
3. does the Turbo S come at the same time?

So if somebody can reply to these three questions with 100% accuracy, he wins the Rennteam.com Smartass Reward Par Excellence

The recent issue of AutoZeitung (a German car magazine) also confirms introduction of the standard TT in spring 2006. They state that the car will have 500hp.

More importantly: A picture in the above article clearly indicates that the ugly covers of the side air-intakes (as shown on all pictures of the car on rennteam.com) are just camouflage. Also, the whole rear of the car seems to be covered by some sort of camouflage too...

Yeah - the last issue of Excellence (that I got here anyway) also clearly stated that the strakes were taped in. Here's hoping...