Quote:
LowPolarMoment said:
Quote:
964C2 said:
Quote:
JohnJohn said:
What wheels was the Cayman test car sitting on, the standard 18'' or optional 19''? Also, does it say anything about the tyres? If I remember correctly, when R&T tested the Boxster S it was equipped with the 19'' Carrera S wheels. That could be the reason why the Boxster S outperformed the Cayman in the slalom and skidpad...

The R&T test car had PASM, PCCB and Sport Chrono...the wheels were the standard 18" and tires were Michelin Pilot Sport.

Interesting that Porsche supplied the magazine with a car wearing 18's. The Boxster S they tested definitely had 19's and PASM. If that's the reason the Boxster S performed better than the Cayman S, it ought to answer a lot of questions around here about which size wheels to get!

Not really. Ture, I believe the absolute best numbers were created on 19" wheels.....but a lot of people still prefer the feel of the 18"s including many Porsche test drivers.

There are just way too many people out there that go by the numbers too much.....if 19"s supposedly make the car a few seconds faster they have to have it.....even if they couldn't drive close to the limits of the 18" wheels. It's kind of like strange bragging rights....."Dude...I have the same wheels Walter Rohrl posted his best times with!"

I've seen Boxster drivers with 16" wheels drive the pants off owners with 19"s. For most, the $2k for 19"s would be better off spent on driver education.

I firmly believe that any version of the Cayman S put up against the same version of the Boxster S on the same track, under the same conditions, driven by the same driver, would post the same or most likely better numbers.