"...actually my 996 is modified to have 320+ HP."

where did you have it dynoed? is that 20 extra hp available all over the power band? the 02 and newer has power come on about 1k rpm earlier than in our 99 - 01s. did someone sell you one of those snake oil kits (air intake, mufflers, and chip?) with a claim of 20 hp which really puts about 10 extra hp way high up in the power band - maybe even borrowed from power down low - or has your car actually been dynoed - before AND after the modifications?

"The Car & Driver tests on the car seem to confirm this when they ran a 0-60 time of about 4.5 s"

lol, 4.5. uh, sure. maybe one car, one time, by one magazine. they are MUCH closer to 5 on a consistent basis. in the corners? say night night to the m3 sedan. the 3400+ lbs of pork shows up in the brakes too - if you don't have more than plenty of time in between needing hard brakes. i think it "feels" quicker - in a straight line. but, i think that "feeling" is primarily owing to the high reving motor IMO. there's not more than a .20 to .30 diff between any two m3s or 320 hp 996s and that's just not "feelable".

great car (i love ours), but a 911 is isn't. have a friend with an 02 SMG which he has lowered to about 3100 lbs (installed coilovers, some real brakes, and R compound tires) and my 996 was hanging right with him in the twisties. if you want some power that more than "feels" faster, call up todd at evo and tell him to supercharge your 996. you're in s. cal and you're welcome to come down to SD in a week or two and see what it's like when my car is due back. i bet it cures you of m3 fever :-) judging from all the posts on the internet by m3 owners whose motors have blown (02 and 03 ones included - which are not supposed to have the trouble any more), i wouldn't think your 996 would be any less reliable with a supercharger.