W8MM:

One of the items of interest for me is how Porsche addresses the reliability of the battery pack.

Both of our Teslas required a battery pack replacement.  The Roadster was many years ago, but the Model S is having its battery pack replaced under warranty as I write this.  They have been pretty nice about it.  The Model S work comes with a loaner car to drive while the work is completed.  The Roadster replacement required sending the car off (their expense) for the better part of a month and waiting until the work was done.  That was quite a few years ago while the company was still finding its way.

So, even with a completely new battery pack arrangement in the Model S (compared to the Roadster), the reliability of the assembly still seems to be not what one is used to from IC power trains.  Two for two needing warranty work may be anecdotally non-representative, but it's all I know about.

Does anybody know any interesting details about the Mission E battery pack and what details might lead to better-than-Tesla reliability??

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 991 GT3 RS +Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

Just curious as to what constitutes failure?  Sudden loss of capacity to hold a charge? 

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S