Since I'm not sure the 997 Turbo S will be the right car for me (two little kids, not much time to drive it, etc.), I was somehow looking for an acceptable alternative.
I was looking today at a 997 Carrera 4 S Cab (yep, the new 4WD with the big butt ) with my favorite options like powerkit, PCCB, carbon, etc. Now you should have seen my face when I looked at the final price tag: 142500 Euro, not much different than a "naked" 997 Turbo S is supposed to cost next year. And the 997 Turbo S already has the PCCB and other "goodies" on board.

I'm not sure Porsche does the right thing regarding the base price and options prices. Something is wrong. If a 997 C4 S Cab costs the same as a Turbo S with comparable options, I must say that I'm pretty shocked.

So right now, I think I'm back to my 997 Turbo S order but although I know that a 997 Turbo S will be pure fun, I'm not so sure this is the right car for me RIGHT NOW. I need a fun car mostly for spring/summer time and with two additional seats in the rear for the kids. So maybe the C4 S Cab would be a nice alternative but for the same money, I prefer the Turbo S. I don't want to feel sorry afterwards.

Sorry for my ranting but I thought I might share my thoughts with you because going for a 997 Turbo or even Turbo S may be more interesting for some of you than paying the same money or even more (compared to the Turbo for example) for a C4S/Cab.