Thank you guys.

Now here is a fun story for you all (Mercedes service really sucks): I was going to pick up the car today but the sales guy called me and asked me if I am already on my way and I said no. I asked why and he told me that when they moved the car, an engine error light came on. Now they are checking what is going on.

I called them again after 30 min and the sales guy told me that they located the problem: Apparently a screw was tightened too much during production and a cable is compressed and this is why the error light came on. Made ZERO sense to me, so I checked with my AMG contact (last time I called him was a couple of years ago).

Now here is what HE believes happened: The car was standing since April 2023 at that dealership and in October 2023, there was a SL recall regarding a 12 V cable kit in the engine compartment. My AMG contact thinks that the dealer just forgot to apply the recall, they forgot about it because the car was standing in their showroom. 

The good news is: It is an easy fix, on a new car, the cable kit just needs to be moved a little bit. Takes about 30 minutes to do the job but the location is a little bit tricky, so it may take longer.

So there was no error light going on, they probably realized shortly prior delivery that the recall has not been applied and without that, they are not allowed to deliver the car to the customer.

Sales guy told me that he will call back once the car is ready but I am so pissed... 

It took them ONE week to "prepare " the car for delivery, sales guy claimed they had to check that everything is OK (yeah, right LOL). 

Believe it or not but I wanted to tell the sales guy to make sure that all recalls and software updates are applied before delivery but I really thought this is STANDARD pre-delivery procedure, so I did not bother to tell them. What a mistake!

Mercedes service...bummer. 

Oh...they also charged me 100 EUR for removing the rear badges (AMG and SL63). I wrote the sales guy this morning that I want them removed and he told me that this is a different department (repair shop) and they charge for it. So stupid. I did not want the hassle to deal with that myself, so I agreed but NOW, I want them to DARE to charge me the 100 EUR for this stuff after they delayed delivery. Took a free day today just for the car and now I am waiting in my office at home for the sales guy to call me. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)