Porker:
bluelines:

indecision

In tiny Switzerland the used GT4s have gone from a steady 7-8 (all ridiculously overpriced) to 18 now. It is the same pattern as we have always seen with the GT cars. During production hugely inflated numbers, then after production ends the number of used cars increase at more reasonable prices, then 3-5 years later you are happy if you find a single one...

I think this effect is mostly due to speculators and owners flipping cars quickly. I don't think too many GT4 owners are selling now for the 991.2 GT3. The cars and prices are too different for cross-shopping IMHO.

I have several friends and colleagues in the office who are "desperate" for a GT4, but the prices are still too high for them. A GT3 is completely out of reach, although most of them seem to prefer the GT4.

What I think will be more interesting to see is how many 997.1/.2 GT3/RS owners will change for a manual 991.2 GT3. The last track day I did there were two owners who held tight to their 997s due to the manual. One of them even considered a GT4 as the next car. 

That is indeed something I would consider. That said, it's not only the manual box that provides the entertainment in the 997, it's a very different experience to the 991, several layers of NVH added and tiny car in comparison as well. Would be interesting to hold a comparison between both.

Yes, without doubt the 997 provides a more mechanical, raw and involving experience overall.

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White