GT-Boy:

Acura NSX Wins PCOTY but the 570S was crashed and thus dropped from the competition.  Sad as I think it would have won.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a31275/2017-performance-car-of-the-year/

For me only the 570S, Turbo S or R8 would have made sense.

The NSX only got a "mild" smile over here, nobody really "respects" this car in the land of the Autobahn and the Nordschleife, sorry to say that. 

Honda did well, no doubt about it but the NSX is too expensive for what it has to offer.

I am quite sure that unlike the GT-R, we won't hear much anymore about the NSX in a couple of years. Unless Honda decides to improve this car substantially...or make it substantially cheaper.

Also, the track time for the R8, sorry to say that, is questionable (in all reviews, the NSX has been slower). Since the article Reports some heavy understeer, I suspect they used the wrong (too high) tire pressure (probably one reason why Porsche always provides a tire pressure memo for reviews, so car journalists don't mess up). The R8 is very tire pressure sensitive, one reason I usually drive it in the lowest pressure permitted (comfort pressure under 270 kph and without load).

I feel sorry for the 570S, the 570S would certainly have deserved to be on first place, at least much more than the NSX, sorry to say that.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)