Quote:
RC said:
First at all: CONGRATS, good choice.
But I also have some bad news for you: if you think that the limited "Club" edition will hold it's value or even become a collector's piece, I strongly doubt it.
This is why I would definetely recommend the BOSE and maybe even the Nav system.

But anyway: enjoy, you ordered yourself a very nice toy.

Nope--I have no illusions; I owned a Millennium Coupe. In fact, I have always advised just what you said, when people fawned over last's year's "special" Boxsters, all 1959 of them. Buy them if you love them--which is what I'm doing here.

Frankly, I bought the car for me and I realize that the Tip will turn off most buyers--but it is what it is. The Club Coupe is a much better deal, price wise than anyone's going to get on the X51 package (which is a $16,900 option in the States). Without adding anything for the Azurro California blue paint, the Club Coupe's easily $5,000 less than a similar optioned 997S with X51.

And the color's a breath of fresh air--Porsche's color palatte lately is getting boring.

Bose--I wanted it till I heard it; Nav--no use for it, and it's just not that common over here. And the Nav system before it was a flop and Porsche left owners hanging by not issuing map updates since 2000.