throt:

Hahaha, I can't swap my GT3 for the Turbo S indecision.

A Turbo S would be available for me in the first 1/4 of 2017, part ex value, the same as I paid for my GT3 2 yr ago, £118,000, or possibly more they said. Also, they wanted to take my GT3 straight away off my hands no...

Its not happening though..

Don't do it, you will regret it. 

I drive a turbo charged car (Mini JCW, latest model) every single day and the turbo lag drives me crazy. Same happens when I drive my wife's Macan Turbo, which not only has a turbo lag but also a certain softness in the drivetrain which lacks the feel of a Cayenne Turbo for example. It is difficult to explain.

The 991.2 Turbo S has not much turbo lag but it is still there. If you are used with (and spoiled by) a n/a engine, you will never enjoy the turbo engine. Since I have my R8, I am addicted to that engine and the throttle response. It is something I will never want to miss again. Even my 991.1 GTS doesn't have this amazing spontaneity and throttle response, not even in Sport Plus mode (I drive my R8 in Dynamic mode all the time, not even in the sportiest Performance mode).

Bottom line is: The 991.2 Turbo S is a very tempting car. It is fast as hell, the turbo boost feel is amazing, the Turbo S feels basically twice as powerful Smiley as my R8, especially in the low and mid rev range and the 991.2 Turbo S is in it's last development generation and highly refined. A very desirable car but you would get bored fast after a while because you already drove the GT3.

Yes, the 991.2 Turbo S is more comfortable and all but you are going to miss your GT3 badly, even if you gain more straight line performance. The Turbo S only makes sense in a country without speed limit and/or bad weather all the time (as a daily driver). As a weekend toy, the Turbo S sucks. Smiley I speak from experience.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)