I have both PASM and sports chrono in my 987s since I bought it off the lot, and I like both. However, if I was to order a new car, I could probably live without those options. That's for the 987. The reason why I'm cautious with recommending these options for the Cayman is simply that there is no way to tell whether they'll render much of a benefit or not, as long as there are no demonstrators to drive.

Sports chrono for example I like, because the car feels more responsive on the throttle. However, the difference on the Boxster is so subtle, it took me two weeks to tell. It's a nice to have, but not must have, in my opinion. Who could say how much difference it makes in the Cayman?

My PASM is appreciated in normal (comfy) mode because I live in central London where the roads are often bumpy. I almost never use the sports mode because I don't really track or race my car and the road surfaces here are just not smooth enough to enjoy it. Again, I can't tell what a Boxster let alone a Cayman feels like without PASM, but I would imagine the ride quality is still very acceptable.