RC:
Carlos from Spain:

The R fills a great spot that has nothing to do with the GTS's spot, and it's absolutely fantastic that a maker will make such a car in modern times, were the sheer sensory driving experience is placed ahead of minimal track lap times differences and paper figures. As a sportscar fan I was so happy to see my favorite manufacturer make such a car as it shows that they haven't lost that spirit, and not become another emotionless sportscar manufacturer only worried about  exterior image or paper figures. Where Porsche made the mistake is in making it a limited production and playing that game with it.

I disagree a little bit: Porsche should have used the 911 R tech/specs for their GTS models.

Since we all know that Porsche is also about high profit and high gain margins, at least they could have made the 911 R a "regular" model in their model line, without any limitation in production, this is something I agree with you on.

But one does not substitute the other, if for example the GTS would have the engine, tranny, body etc of the 991R, I would of not bought the GTS, it would not have been practical for the use I give it. Next week I'm taking it in for the 30k maintenance Smiley

Instead it would all have been OK if they would not have gone the limited production and overinflated pricetag, then those that wanted the 991R tech/specs wound of been able to get them in the form of the 991R and those that wanted the current GTS spec would of gotten them too in the form of the GTS, and everybody is happy Smiley Furthermore it would of also avoided the irony of most of the 991R units, supposedly Porsche's ultimate driver's car, ending up as garage queens.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS