06 Carrera S is now in my posession. No photos yet (only one "photo shoot" and it sucks), will get to it ASAP.

Here's what I think.

It's a race car for the street. A driving machine. MUCH more involving than my M3. Very distinct differences from my Boxster S. The driver input is huge and the precision is fantastic. I was doing 75 on an "abandoned" windy road with posted was 35: amazingly exact steering and handling; I had total confidence in the car. AND, I was being conservatve since the brakes sucked (brand new) and the tires presumably had no grip (new).

I disobey breakin and find that quite easy. I limit myself to 5000 routinely (not 4000 like in manual) and maybe hit 6500 OCCASIONALLY if needed to complete a pass safely. Even at these engine speeds the car qualifies as a monster. I don't know why you guys are complaining about breakin (an age thing?).

Was afraid the non-leather dash would look cheap. It looks VERY VERY nice. Didn't get sport chrono and am GLAD about it. Nice clean dash without excess visual confusion of stitching and wart; DOES remind me of the old 911.

The GD center console restricts my right knee from sideways movement. I had CC removed in my BoxsterS and that made a huge difference in comfort. Disappointed that the "GT" of this car is not THAT comfortable in this regard.

Sport seats are great but somewhat difficult to get into and out of (requires alot of effort you wouldn't normally expect). You guys who have them watch out for premature leather wear as you have enormous friction and shear forces on the delicate leathere everytime you get in and out of the seats. BE AWARE, change your procedure, if you're not careful, the leather will look like worn-out cr*p really soon.

There's gotta be an age-related thing to the appreciation of this car. Being 40-something I think this car is a frickin bear for the public roads. I'm not even past breakin rules and the car is vastly more than enough for public roads. regarding my not getting Sport Chrono, I have sport button in my M3 so I can confidently say the Sport chrono has got to be, for us over-forty guys, most likely a "kid's toy" for this car (unless you're tracking the car, of course).

At this point I think PASM is completely unnecessary for public road use (maybe I'm missing something I'll figure out later). It will be one of those buttons which collects dust.

Get the NAV option even though you "don't need it." It's kinda fun to see where you're going even though you know where you are going. I suppose it will come into play now and then. I believe you'll have more than a few buttons (more like five or six) which won't work if you don't get NAV module (us$2000). Big screen SHOULD work as a nav system, or else it's ridiculous to have that much CC space dedicated to the stereo.

That's all I can think of (gotta go also). Please don't get p*ssed by any of this. I'm just explaining what I think of the car at THIS moment; all subject to change. Will keep voicing my opinions with the sincere hope they help others figure things out, one way or another.