Quote:
69bossnine said:
Quote:
cartouche said:
IMO a car that would be always clean and glittering would look like a collection car or a sunday car for sunday driver, fearing to really use it for what it's made !
It's nice to drive a glittering clean car, but as everything, it becomes boring if it's all the time the same !
I do like sometimes to have a dirty car, sometimes a clean one.
Dirtiness and dust means that an object has been used and that it has a story.
A permanent clean car seems to come directly out of the showroom, it doesn't live, it's "toc" (fake, spurious...)
What about the wrinkles on your face ?
Don't you like it ?
Do you systematically try to hide it ?
Obessionality doesn't preserve us from the Chaos, just makes it more threating, and doesn't postpone the end, just makes the way more painful !
So buy a black one if you like it, and don't worry !

Huh??? I guess you and I are cut from different cloth. "Has a story"??? Yeah, and that story is, if a Porsche could talk, "Save me from my owner!"

I'm sorry, but I find nothing romantic about leaving dirty equipment dirty for any extended time. Yes, it's fun getting them dirty, but then, you've got to suck it up and clean her up. Even race teams are QUICK to clean up their car between runs, so it looks proud and proper, and reflects well on the driver and team.

Racing dirtbikes, you get DIRTY, and it's an absolute blast. It's fun getting them dirty. You can't tell what color the bike used to be after a race. But before everybody at the race loads up their equipment, there's a long line down at the waterhoses, and guys sharing pressure washers, as EVERBODY gets their bike and gear tight and right and looking new again before they load back into the trailer. None of the top teams toss dirty stuff into their trailers to take home. It's an ethic, it's the way you treat your hard-earned stuff with respect. The guys who don't, are the trailer-trash hacks who don't find it important. They rarely are competitive either, I wonder what the relationship is there??

It's no different than making your bed in the morning, or cleaning your tools before you put them away, or sweeping out the shop after you've finished a day's work. It's about having respect for the things you've worked hard to earn, and not taking glee or satisfaction in the demise of those expensive tools.

A car IS like a human body. Do you just "let your body go" because you think that rolls of fat, stench and odor, and general neglect of your physical health and appearance is somehow admirable, or cool, or tells your story better?? "Look at me, I've lived a full life, and I look like warmed-over death....I smell like it too....that's what I was born for, right???". Not in my book. Yes, someday we'll all get wrinkles and sag a bit. But I don't use that as an excuse to just give up, and let myself go to hell. I'm not going to give up and just say "f*** it", and stop bathing regularly, and not shave, and instead of taking the garbage to the curb, just start piling up the bags in my living room like a psychopath, and start eating donuts and sticks of butter every meal, all because death and entropy is unavoidable. I've got my self pride, I'll do my best to keep my body and my health tip-top, and I'll wear clean underwear every day too. I won't have plastic surgery, or swallow a bunch of pills. I'll just have pride and ambition to take reasonable care of myself.

I'll take care of my car too, and with 100,000 miles on it, it'll still look dynamite, rather than looking like it got BLOWN UP by dynamite!!

But that's just my view. We're a diverse crowd from all around the world here. I know that you're not anything like the extremes I went too here, Cartouche!!! I was just off on a tangent, ranting about sloppy people. You may not be sloppy at all, I don't know, it's the internet. Just take my rant at face value, that's all it is!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!Ohhhhh man, my eyes are tearing I was laughing so hard.
Thanks man !