Black does require extra patience, so it's not the color for everyone. Take an honest look in the mirror, and if you're a detail-oriented sort who enjoys fussing over your car when you clean it, black is extremely rewarding to own. My 997S is black. My foul-weather, load-hauling, haul the dogs to the lake, airport shuttling, etc.etc. truck is silver. But I don't understand some of the comments on this thread either.

Swirl marks?? Don't blame the black, blame the products you use, or the techniques employed, or the materials you apply them with. If you're getting swirl marks as a result of the wax that you're using (i.e., not scratch-swirls, but prismatic swirls), change waxes. My common and affordable Meguiars Gold Class does not swirl whatsoever. If you're getting swirl marks that are IN the paint (microscopic scratches), you're destroying your own paint by your own hand, either by using bad applicators, or working with a dirty surface, dusty conditions, or a contaminated applicator.

Waxing every week or two weeks? That's a ridiculous notion. Overkill, you're doing more damage rubbing like crazy on your paint that often than you're doing good. A wax every 2-3 months is more than adequate, with good and thorough washes in-between using gentle quality car-wash solutions.

I don't care WHAT color your car is, if you're not washing it once a week, you're just being lazy about it. And don't tell me that the measely one-hour-per-week that you would have spent washing her up, you will instead spend "driving" and enjoying your car. Puhleez... You all know that you're spending that hour in question power-farting into your sofa cushions with a beer on the coffee table watching football....