I play drums as a hobby in a small room in my basement mostly playing along with store bought CD's/DVD's and record it all using Pro Tools hardware and software (on my computer). I take the end product and burn my own CD to take with me when I'm driving and the Bose unit does an OK job playing back the music except the music feels off balance some of the time. After playing with all the controls and the PCM its the fine tuning that makes a huge difference. Too much music comes from the front, especially front center (thats what surround sound is suppose to do I know). If I'm watching a movie thats fine but to listen to music in a car I prefer 2 channel stereo w/4 speakers front and rear with most of the bass coming from the rear. The Bose core sound is centered more up on the dashboard. Adjusting the front / rear fade is the only way to correct this. Bose is a step in the right direction and most of the time the noise I want to hear comes from the rear and its not music from speakers but the sound of a flat six. My home stereo will take care of the rest.