intouch1:

Lars, the 2016 model year G's have a totally different ESP/ESC setup than the previous years. on my car the ESP hardly ever intervenes even when driven swift and around tight corners (more sailed around corners indecision)

I believe in the 1800 kms I have driven so far I had the ESP light come on only once or twice.

Yep - I now that. And it was necessary. And I understand that the 500 and upwards are having a complete different dynamic suspension / bumper system which allows that. You did absolutely right ordering that new generation and your car is simply gorgeous in this color/interior specification. 

We really thought until now if we should jump directly to a G, but having seen to many camouflaged cars of the next Gen driving around here on the "swabian alp" I just have to wait for the next Gen. We still wait for that little C43 (might be delivered within the next 14 days) and I'm sure together with the XC90 this will keep us happy for the next 24 months daily driving. Until then the G will be there with all specs which makes a swap easier.

Enjoy that beast in your beautiful country!!! It's about time to come to see you guys again Smiley