Whoopsy:
Pilot:

Yellow looks great Whoopsy! I hope it won't be long before you can drive it off the lot. Is it a dealer spec?

It's crappy cold and wet December now, it's going to be skating on ice with those tires so it will be like at least March if not April that I can stretch the legs on my favorite road, mandatory winter tire till March 31st on that road anyways.

And no not dealer spec, I spec it this way. Long story but the short version is that I am with a new dealer that's much closer to home, it's a joint venture from the 2 big dealer chains I frequent. The sales manager insisted on charging 6k ADM which they called 'performance pacakge' that put nothing on the car, so I in turn took out the 40k Weissach package from my build, chopping their profit by 8k (dealers have a 20% profit margin on car options, vs 12% on the base MSRP).  Sales manager was mad and became rude. I told him I know your owner and I am going let him know what happened in this office and he was like calling my 'bluff' and said go ahead. And he can't cancel my order either because it's a 918 VIP order which Porsche Canada already was informed of. 

The following week said sales manager was fired, the GM called and asked for a face to face to reset relationship. And the order lock date was passed so I can't add the Weissach back. I placed my Dakar order with them after that and the line item 'performance package' magically disappeared. These 2 cars were built less than a month apart, but I had the 3RS shipped over while picking up the Dakar at Zuffenhausen in Feb. Pointless to drive the 3RS in winter condition but that condtion is perfect for the Dakar. 

Nick, we need more whales like you to highlight the issues most of us minnows are experiencing with Porsche dealerships. Their greed has become so blatant they are adding ADM to lesser Porsche models. As a result, many of us are looking at other brands. Smiley

Love your GT3RS.Smiley

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.