intouch1:

it's the 'cool father' in ripped jeans and long hair who still plays in a rock band indecision

obviously, its a very tricky time to think about the G when a totally new model (except for the basic look) is around the corner. surely it will be a better car in terms of daily driver qualities. it will most likely also be much better at highway commutes and longer trips (except for aerodynamics for obvious reasons)

but the real issue here is, is that the G in the end is all about character....so it remains to be seen how much of this 'character' will be taken over to the new model.

if it ends up driving like a Q7, then it is no more G

Smiley The more I look at the Q7, the more I think it is "sterile" and boring.

Drove the SQ7 lately, amazing SUV, amazing interior but the exterior is really boring. Smiley OK, the car was white, so maybe with the right color, it could get somewhere but my desire for a possible RSQ7 along the way has been cut down to a point where I actually still want a G63...or no SUV at all.

Me and my wife actually decided that we are not going to get another SUV when the Jeep and the Macan are gone. However, if I ever have some money "left" and I do not want/need another weekend toy, I will get myself a G63, even a used one. I am still in love with this truck, an everlasting love. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)