Lars997:

Noone1 - well equipped G550s (in Germany G500) are going for 100k (1 yr old, low mileage, apprx. 35% down). 

The problem I do see is that the old engine feels quiet weak. As I wrote previously I did test drives with a G500 and a G350D on the same day and the G500 felt weaker than the Diesel. I would definitely go for the new version with the Turbo engine, or the G63 (while equipped the price difference is quiet small (apprx. 10%). 

You got "used" to turbo engines...this is why it felt that way. We had the G550 in the US (same as G500 in Germany) and it didn't feel weak at all.

Reminds me of a friend who recently test-drove the R8 because I was bragging so much about my car. Smiley He came back pretty disappointed. He loved the sound, the drive feel, even the steering (which is a bit controversial with many...) and especially the build quality ("this is no Audi...") but he wouldn't get one. Why? It feels so weak in the city Smiley...he comes from a X5 M50d. Last time we checked, I "destroyed" him in his X5 M50d on a wet road from standstill from a red light, I was like 100 meters ahead of him when we hit 50 kph, no kidding.  Smiley Still...he claims the R8 feels too weak, so it is clearly the engine.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)