While Max isn't a fan of Sprint, I think it's a great idea to fill up the weekend, especially when Formula 1 is charging so much for tickets. It's at least action packed, unlike leisurely FP1/2/3. 

Currently each race weekend there are 5 sessions for the cars to be on track, 3 practices plus qualifying and race for regular weekends and a practice, qualifying, Sprint Shootout, Sprint and the race for Sprint weekend. That's too little actual action for the ticket price. I have been to a regular weekend at Montreal and a Sprint weekend at COTA, in both cases there are a lot of down time with nothing going on. Very different than say going to Le Mans where I basically get continuous action all weekend. I am getting my money's worth going to Le Mans. Heck, I see more action going to Long Beach for IMSA than in Formula 1.

Seeing how chaotic qualifying has become, perhaps they could consider splitting qualifying into 2 sessions, 1 car from each team do 1 and the other car on the other. Or switch to single car single lap qualifying, starting with the points leader down to last place, no traffic no tow. 

Swapping event orders can also be a thing for Sprint weekend, move the actual qualifying session to AFTER the Sprint, and let driver decide if they want to be more conservative and keep the car in one piece for qualifying or go for broke for some points first. 

Formula 1 is a bit broken right now. 

--