Pilot:

S E Z

Seychelles International Airport, Mahe

Talking about airports, we flew in here twice on a 747 to celebrate our daughter's birthdays. Back then British Airways offered direct overnight flights from the UK. Talk about short field landings and take-off procedures. As you can see, it is pretty tight for any 747 version to operate in and out of here. The aircraft also had to turn around at the departure end and use the runway to back taxi to reach the terminal. It was pretty cool...

Regarding LAX, it is and always has been a very crowded airport. I guess that speaks for its popularity. I mean I get it, the traffic in the loop sucks most of the time, but that never took away from my joy of going to LAX or hanging out there.

I love aviation and I love flying. We have come a long way since the Wright Brother's first powered flight on December 17, 1903. We now can board a plane and comfortably reach most major destinations without refueling.

If people in general would become more courteous again and perhaps dress up a little for the occasion, like they did in the old days, flying could become a pleasant experience once more.

Lol that look scary even flying a much smaller plane into it, much less than a 747Smiley

Earlier in the summer I flew into BZO on a propeller plane, a DASH 8, and I thought that was already sketchy AF.

--