Quote:
Holminator said:
Quote:
JimFlat6 said:
Tony ...

"Ansar al-Islam operated 3 kms from the Iranian border in a mountainous region that was not access by the Hussein government. Not even the PUK could touch these guys in their fortress. Ansar was not operating with the Iraqi government. That's a fact established by the 9-11 Commission. I have no idea were you are getting your facts, gentlemen. Yes, Ansar was a sister organization, operating with al-Qa'ida."

I think its speculative to state that Husseins forces could not access the area that Ansar was located at. You have no evidence that they could not and no evidence that they tried and failed.

Hussein could just leave them alone and not interfere at all,and that in itself is a form of assistance.

It's not speculative (I've been to Iraq & I have a clue). It is cognitive dissonance for ideologs.

No doubt some ideologues do suffer from cognitive dissonance.

But it is speculative to mix up the devining of intentions with a fixed determination of operational abilities.

Americans like all military and intelligence problems to be simple, quick and not require much work, analysis or examination for different possibilities. Yes, you cant go there, Simple. Definite. Zero defects. Perfect reports.
Its almost robotic like and is intellectually lazy.