Quote:
JimFlat6 said:
Whatever model Vette it is, it will get lots of publicity that it beats Porsche at lap times at the 'Ring.

Dear GM lover,

While your passion for Corvettes seems to be unlimited I should reiterate the following (also posted on the Porsche board):

1. The recent Autocar article confirms that the rumours about the Z06 doing the NS in 7:40 are wrong (as the "record" has been achieved with the "Blue Devil").

2. The "Blue Devil" is not for sale and will not be for sale for a substantial period of time, if ever.

3. No details regarding tires etc. are given by the above article. I consider it likely that part of the 7:40 story can be explained by the use of semi-racing tires and other special modifications.

4. By the time this car might potentially hit the market a 997 GT2 will most likely have set a new benchmark below 7:40 (given that the current GT2 on regular street tires does the NS in 7:44 already).

So I disagree with your above post. Only those who disgregard the above facts will be positively surprised by the Corvette doing the NS in 7:4x. Those who are well inforned will most likely confirm my above views.