Quote:
Carlos from Spain said:
I believe those instalation instruction have an error cause I have PSE and Sport Chrono "from factory" and the Sport button remains there and its activates the PSE. The Sport button is not substituted by the PSE ("tail pipes") button like the one on your picture and lacking the sport chrono button.

So I believe that picture is for non-sport chrono cars since there is no sport button, since in sport-chrono cars, the sport button remains and is used for the PSE, not changed for a PSE-specific button.

Carlos:

I think you are correct about the Installation Instructions being in error. My dealer told me that they have installed the PSE on cars with Sport Chrono and replaced no buttons. The existing input from the Sport Button to the DME activates the PSE at the same time the Sport function is activated. On cars without Sport Chrono this input to the DME is added via an additional button and the wiring harness that adds a connection at D-6.

Actually, I am re-reading the Installation Instructions as I write this and in another place in the instructions there is this statement:
"Only for vehicles without sport chrono pakage (I No. 639/640):
997.613.129.00 FMH Switch ->Vehicles without Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM - I No. 475)
997.613.131.00 FMH Button ->Vehicles with I no. 475"

With this bit of verbage, it would seem that for cars with Sport Chrono, no change in the buttons is required. Obviously, with your PSE factory installed and Sport Chrono using just the Sport button, it is hard to argue that some change is necessary. I just had a conversation with the service department at my dealer, they are installing my PSE as I write this. They are aware that no additional button change is needed on my car with Sport Chrono. Thanks for the clarification.