Quote:
Grant said:
RC - I wouldn't let the rumor of a 997TS keep you from ordering an early 997TT. If I remember, your 996TT was highly "tuned" for extra power (more than 996TS). I think the tuning cost is less than the ridiculous premium charged by Porsche for the "S" and it gives more power anyways. Is the warranty the issue or do you just want to keep the car stock?

I am starting to think this way about the 997T's, since I am still obsessing about whether to buy a 996TSCab now and then trade for a 997T(?S)Cab when it comes out. On one hand: If the 997TSCab indeed is several years away, then going for the 996TSCab now makes more sense to me, the one I tested was, to quote Rami, "ABSOLUTELY AWESOME," BUT I look at it on the other hand: If the 997T(non-S)Cab comes out spring of 2007 at the latest, I can get it then, and after the warranty is out, instead of having to wait for the 997TSCab, I would aftermarket tune it for alot more than the "S" would be tuned to, with my specs., and for alot more power and lower cost.

To keep me from going totally insane waiting for ANY T-Cab, I could stick a blower into my Bimmer (Active Autowerke has a big TT package for my 1999 M-Roadster with 700+HP). True it's not a 911 Turbo (nothing else is), but I find it hard to justify buying 2 TSCab's within a two-year span. I can afford it, but it's a matter of priorities, and I don't have enough experience in the sports car selling and trading game to get a feel for the financial issues. So far, dealers seem disinterested in formal trade-in arrangements based on residual values of the older car, and I don't need to lease, since I don't need to borrow and don't want to pay interest.

But I still see Rami's perspective-that 996TT is one great car, and the "upgrade" should be awesome, as well, regardless of HP and torque numbers. . . .