The Turbo S coming out while I have a Turbo won't bother me at all. Didn't with the 996 either. I don't want to spend that kind of money for a Porsche every day car. Don't need more than 480hp either but would like more than the 997 S. Plus the all-wheel drive is something I really like. Having the Turbo (for me) is good enough. I'll be staisfied for a while. I love the 997 S but I'm more of a Turbo person. There's no way I'm going to be upset with the 997 Turbo when an S comes out. On the other hand while driving the 997 S there's no way I'm not going to be drooling for the 997 Turbo when it comes out. It's all a matter of what works best for everyone and degrees. The Turbo is going to be expensive. I think the 997 Turbo S (for me) is over the top for what I want in an everyday car. Just like the Turbo might be over the top for what you think you'll need or enjoy.

If I were you, I'd still get on the list in case you change your mind/ your situation changes. You can always walk away from the opportunity with no hard feelings I'm sure.

In NY the lease on a 997S would be something like $1800 a month. For $2000 you can finace the car. After 1 year with the lease your paying nearly $20k with the finance it's just over $20k. But w/ the lease you're kinda locked in and with the finance you just paid almost $20k. A $100k car only has to be worth $80k which it should. And with a 3 year lease you've paid over $50k of a $100k car. In 3 years in the US a 997 S should easily be worth more than half. $60k minimum. Cars that depreciate less because it's a new model in this case is better to buy and be able to get out whenever you want. I go through this every 6 months or so with different deals. My suv's are better to lease because there's greater depreciation (at least 50% in 3 years) and because I need 12-15k miles a year. I realize this could be very different in ROW.