I have done 5000 km in my GT4RS. City, suburban areas, country roads, mountain passes, highways in Switzerland, Italy ,Germany , tracks ( N'Ring and Monza) 

There is truth in both Whoopsy's and cnc's comments.

GT4RS can be driven quietly on open roads if you stay under 140km/h and blend into crushing mode. As Whoopsy says, it is your throttle input that determines how much sound you get in the cabin. You can easily keep it low.

I am faster on track with a  991 GT3RS then with the 4RS and I can't keep up with other's driving properly their 992 GT3. They do pull away. 4RS has less grip around corners . Ideally this car would need larger tire. 

I admit not having much experience with mid engined cars on track, as opposed to the 911 layout that I have been tracking for the last 15 years and that I understand fully how it works, reacts etc... 

That said, someone who knows how to drive properly the mid engined platform will be as fast as the good 992 GT3 drivers and faster then all the other non pro ones. I have seen it with my own eyes. 

On public roads 4RS is much more engaging, alive , fun and emotional then GT3 which becomes boring as it has to be driven way over speed limits to give sensations. Size plays also it's role in this case.