Whoopsy:

The Italian side is definitely better, we basically saw no police, once we crossed over to Austria, almost seems like they knew we were coming and out in force doing speed checks, but luckily every time we saw them we were stuck behind some traffic so we went not going super fast. 

Thanks for the photos, Nick. Smiley

It is. Smiley Italians love cars, so does the police. Of course they do not take speeding too lightly if you exaggerate but they are not really out there to catch you like for example in Austria or Germany. Germany may not have a general speed limit but there are dozens of speed traps out there every day in Bavaria and they are very determined to catch speeding cars (often, these are private contractors and not the police, this is why they are very eager to "make money").

Never got a ticket in Italy and I am pretty often in North Italy, so this says a lot about Italy. Smiley Also, it seems Italian police needs to "announce" speed traps, this seems to be some sort of law (maybe Dario can shed some light into this), so...

Got a speeding ticket in Austria near Lech/Zuers once because I raced a Swedish 991.1 C4 in my Jeep SRT. Smiley Luckily, I saw the speed trap (automated) in time and was able to brake (still got me with 10 kph or so over the speed limit) but that Swedish guy did at least 160 in that 120 zone, so... Smiley Not sure if Austria sends traffic violation tickets to Sweden but they certainly send them to Germany (there is a reciprocal agreement in place, actually with basically all EU countries right now). Paid 60 EUR plus 15-20 EUR fee or something like that. Not really a problem but it wasn't necessary.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)