So more updates on my EVs. Don't quite have a thread for them so I am just gonna post it all here.

Winter is here. We had snowed. Temperature is below freezing. This is basically my 3rd winter with a Taycan, 2 with a sedan and 1st with the wagon. The standard range drop from the temperature for the Taycan is basically 10%. Standard meaning the car's own estimation on a full charge. I am down to 380-390km from 420 ish in the summer. Real world driving range is about par for that, I still charge them up at around 10% and did like 350-360km for that 90% used.

My old e-Tron had a similar drop, going from about 360 or so to 320km with the temperature drop. 

Those Germans got the 'protection' right for the battery charge.

As for the Americans. Oh boy. It isn't pretty.

The Mach E, goes from a 460-470km full charge in the summer to 300. yes, 300km. I did do a 310km down to 9% from that estimate. But still.

The Lightning. Don't quite have the full estimated range when warm as when I picked it up it was already cold. Right now however with the Mach E giving me a 300km range for a full charge, the Lightning is giving me 370km. Still on that charge not empty yet so can't quite tell how long I can drive in that condition.

I had my Panamera turbo S parked for quite a long time after I had took delivery of the pink pig. I just recently reactivated the car to drive also. First thought, GOD I LOVE THIS CAR!

At this very moment, if I went to only keep either the Panamera or the Taycan wagon, the Taycan will go in a heart beat. No contest.

Panamera is just simply a better car. Everything the Taycan can do, the Panamera do it much much better. Much roomier for passenger and cargo, more comfortable, much much better ergonomics, putting all functions on touch screens is such a mistake; both get HOV sticker and the nominal range of the Panamera is literally double that of the Taycan. Max I ever did in a Taycan was 430km, while max I did in the Panamera was 870km on mostly highway. I refuel the Panamera in 5 mins, while it is about 20mins or so in the Taycan and it's not even full. My gf also said like oh boy she misses so much the engine noise. It's like men playing with boys. Now for those that wanted to say man EV accelerate faster.......I have a 918, it is still the fastest 0-60 car in the world, I also have the Exclusive, which is basically the 2nd fastest 0-60 car. While my Taycans are 4Ss, not turbo S, I have done launch controls in a Taycan turbo. They are approaching 918 level, not quite there, likely not even the turbo S version of the Taycan. But all these cars got nothing on the violence of such a launch on a Panamera turbo S. I had people gotten sick within that 3 second window.

Still not sure if EVs are 'the future'. Honestly they are like the least difficult 'future', even after driving like 8 different EVs now. They are lovely as a transportation device, they are also lovely to take advantage of government help, but outside of those 2 attributes, not sure it fulfills anything else. My gf, who is definitely not a car gal, had more satisfaction driving the Panamera over the Taycan, which she had been doing for the longest time. That speak volumes about the 'excitement' of EVs. I mean I love the Lightning, I love the instant torque from the electric motors for when I needed power, but the powertrain basically just acted like a diesel truck, instant low end power, runs out of breath at the high end just the same. Except in a diesel I can go much much farther and also tow much much more and also refuel much much faster. Well at least the Lightning rides much better than the diesels. 

One thing that's going for in the Lightning, I feel VERY safe in one. I trust physics, and riding in a 7000lb truck feels much safer than a 3000lb car. F-=ma don't lie. While the Lightning don't have the greatest 'fuel economy' among EVs, it's moot point since I am charging at home for next to nothing. And range also is a moot point as if I wanted, I can charge every night and start off in the morning with a full charge. Pointless point but still something people wanted to boast about.

Got another couple weeks in town before I retire to Whistler for Christmas till end of year using my Wrangler 4xe. Yes, I do trust and love hybrids more than pure EVs. They are the best of both worlds.

--