I think ALDO means that the AWD only gives you an advantage regarding traction/stabilty but when it comes to braking, basically all cars are the same on snow/ice.

Over the past decades, I drove many cars in winter time, due to my wife's excessive skiing passion, we are also often in Austria and often in locations where people do not usually use a sportscar. Yes, I've seen Ferraris and Lamborghinis in snow, even had the pleasure once to drive on during a driving ed event but to be honest, those cars which are good and feel safe in heavy rain, usually feel the same on snow.

My R8 is the sportscar I love most in rain...like ever. Fantastic traction, stability AND braking performance and no, I have no semi-slicks. My second favorite car in rain was my former 991.1 Turbo S. Very similar to the R8 but with a slightly less impressive traction in Sport mode (I drive my R8 in the comparable Dynamic mode, which has an excellent neutral setup in rain).

The worst "sportscar" I remember in snow was our old BMW M3 Cab (E93?). This car was snow hell, traction was horrible, despite excellent winter tires. Braking was also bad, this thing had a weight of more than 1900 kg, this is almost 300 kg more than my R8 or former 991.1 Turbo S.

Bottom line is: I see many 911 in winter time but maybe saw one Ferrari (with the exception of the FF) and one Lamborghini...like EVER. Never saw a McLaren in winter time but maybe ALDO wants to be the first? 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)