nberry:

For the longest time I was dead set against the wing. I thought it was an abomination. But after owning a GT3 and seeing a RS in the flesh, I changed my mind. For whatever reason, I find that the wing suits the Porsche GT models perfectly. It separates them from all the run of the mill Porsche's.

Just look at the fixed wings on some of the other cars and you will understand. Many are just plain stupid looking and clearly don't belong on the car. I would mention one but I am afraid I will get banned again.indecision

I can agree with this, Nick.

I didn't say the wing doesn't fit the RS, in fact it does. It makes the biggest difference between the GT range and the standard models, as you already said. What I said is that I find it silly driving around with a racecar lookalike in a crowded city and IMO you don't need such a wing for a spirited drive in the countryside as well. That goes for other manufacturers as well, but let's try to stay on-topic here, at least for once. Smiley

Moreover I don't think the wing looks good, but that's a personal thing, others may think different. But that Porsche could in fact do without such a wing, shows a car like the 911 R. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.