Today I took the 918 out of storage and drove it to the dealership to give it a one over to prepare for the long 8000km road trip to Indianapolis. Gonna take 2 weeks. And a few thousands of dollars. 

Lately I have been driving EVs and hybrids and boy what a delight to be in a raw, pure car. 

The start up sound, the vibration from the engine rocking the chassis, the exhaust note going up and down with speed. 

The seat is uncomfortable, the cockpit cramped, but I don't care. Just listening to that wonderful V8 sings is more than satisfying. 

I didn't even bother to put the car in EV or hybrid mode, it's Race Mode all the way. 

Future pure EV generation will be missing so much. 

It's not that the Taycan is a bad car, it is a wonderful automobile, it has all the Porsche DNA and fingerprints, it's a proper Porsche. But the 918 is Porsche's best car ever. There is simply no comparison. 

Arguably, the 918 has one of the top 3 exhaust note of ANY Porsche ever. The 991 RSR has the best, bar none. It's a toss up for the V10 CGT or the V8 in the 918, depending on who is answering. 

If only Porsche could synthesize the V10 or the V8 noise into the Taycan as engine sound.........

--