Leawood911:

If you get more miles per kw (range) you can afford to charge from 10% to perhaps 60% where charging speeds are fast and with that 60% still get as far as the fast charging car can get with a 90% charge. If you want to make the Tesla charge slow then use a non Tesla charger which makes preconditioning difficult, roll in with more than 20% (cause your buddies need a charge) and then charge past 60% when the speed drops way off. 
And sorry but miles per hour charged is a valid metric. It takes into account all the variables. Basically you can’t cheat by hiding range or economy or in the case of tesla - slow charging speeds. 
Does not sound like you could stay with the model3 in the straight line from a stop.  Interesting.  
btw all new Tesla chargers are 250 kw.  The cost is around 10cents per mile. They charge by the kw NOT by the time spend charging. 
Except for once at the GP in Austin which was very busy I have never had to wait in line at a super charger or seen more than half of them used. These will be known as the good old days I’m afraid so don’t by any Teslas. 

That's the problem with Tesla, it's only charging fast in a small specific range, for a short period. Everyone else charge fast at whatever SoC 🤷🏻‍♂️. 

And no, the Tesla went to Tesla stations while I head over to Electrify Canada ones. So that argument is invalid also. 

Miles per min charged doesn't calculate the terrain. It doesn't see what's the next leg of the journey looks like, it's only predicting based on some data the car had stored. Maybe in the flats in KC it's very predictable, but not everywhere is flat. Out here it's hilly, it's always up and down up and down. Literally pointless to do that prediction at a charging station.  One aren't going whatever miles the car is showing when charging every minute. Like I said, literally mile and half down the road is an uphill climb, you aren't making the usual mileage there. Nor the downhill section after either.

But actually kW instead of miles going in is very useful, it shows the car's strength in taking in charge quickly or slowly, the car can't hide behind some artificial government mileage numbers. So what if the Model 3 is more 'efficient' in using the electrons? Pointless when my Taycan while using more, can put in more in a shorter time and finish up quicker? That's the key to going electric. Make the car behave as close to normal car as possible. Electricity is cheap, doesn't matter one uses an extra 5kWh or whatever doing the same distance. 

As for straight-lines, hmm, no one here do that, at least not my friends, we slow down on straights as that's where cops are setup. We let all the Tesla idiots take the bait and get pulled over. They always do as they get frustrated getting left behind in corners and they want to get ahead again. 

--