Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016)

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

Atzporsche:

The original 928 had pretty comfy rear seats and any successor would need them too (actually even more comfy). Not sure where the rear seats would fit into this render but as a design concept, it is beautiful (probably too beautiful for Porsche Smiley).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Look more towards the Mission E than the 918 for styling cues. Even when the Mission E has some 918 lines in it.

--

A Porsche Panamera-Based 928 Probably Won't Happen

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a30407/porsche-panamera-coupe-rumor/

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

Milanno:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a30407/porsche-panamera-coupe-rumor/

Who says it needs to be Panamera based? Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    Milanno:

Who says it needs to be Panamera based? Smiley

I found this article, linked to within the the one above, to be more interesting:

http://www.motortrend.com/news/porsche-rethinks-small-sedan-puts-panamera-based-928-coupe-on-hold/

--

fritz

fritz:

I found this article, linked to within the the one above, to be more interesting:

http://www.motortrend.com/news/porsche-rethinks-small-sedan-puts-panamera-based-928-coupe-on-hold/

Seems logical in its explanation.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 991 GT3 RS +Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

Now it's done smiley Specified my new Panamera diesel today and if everything goes according to plan, deliverance in December. But what a huge difference compared to when a specified my two previous Panamera Turbo s. So much extra stuff to put in the spec that was not included this time. Base price plus 65% in extras.... Wow!heart But according to my dealer no one is even close to have a diesel so fully equiped in Sweden (yet). In November the demo cars are coming here and then I'm in line in Decemberkiss

But the additional cost for having a decent car is a very minor problem right now. Just home in the north pool again after a month in Florida and, sorry for me, including Miami beach. In the news tonight, they recommended everyone that visited MB or  other Zika places to have safe(condom) sex in at least TWO MONTH. I where in Florida with my kids, just got back and my girlfriend (not with .us in USA)saw the news. THATS a problem.....mail

Congrats on the order The farmer! kiss

Sounds like you have added more or less all available options (I imagine except PCCB and such). I also like all the toys and extras so fully understand. However, may I ask why you didn't get the Turbo instead with lot's of the extras standard? Performance wise it should be quite a bit faster than your previous Turbo S? I can't imagine it's about saving fuel cost to get the diesel with all those extra goodies smiley

Lukas:

Sounds like you have added more or less all available options (I imagine except PCCB and such). I also like all the toys and extras so fully understand. However, may I ask why you didn't get the Turbo instead with lot's of the extras standard? Performance wise it should be quite a bit faster than your previous Turbo S? I can't imagine it's about saving fuel cost to get the diesel with all those extra goodies smiley

Hi,

No, not at all about fuel or not even economy (could have gotten the turbo fully loaded for 10-15 euros more, so...). It's about me testing something new and to build a new type of garage. I have the GT3 to track and have some fun rides in and the MB suv to haul and drive my daughter and here horses with. The PTS is therefore my DD. Average speed taking me to and from work 22-25 km/h....heart So now I wanted a luxury sedan as my DD, with a lot of comfort and power, but no need for access acceleration or speed. A turbo would have been a step down from my current PTS, but the diesel is something different. I'm also in line for the GT2 and the .2 GT3RS (if it comes).

So with some luck and in a few years time I will have a garage with all I need. Panamera diesel for DD, GT2 for some tracking and fun rides on the weekends, the .2 GT3RS for more or less only tracking (if it doesn't come, I'll keep the current GT3) and the MB Suv as a tractor..... 

Or at least, that is the plan and the Panamera diesel is the first step. Time will show if I succeed, but I will have some fun  hoping and dreaming on the way to completion (have always found it nice to spec and wait for new carsindecision)). 

Autocar tests the Panamera Turbo: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/porsche/panamera/first-drives/2016-porsche-panamera-turbo-review

--

2016 Cayman GT4 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2016 Macan S Diesel - 2013 Mini Cooper S

There is a official Preview beginning Sept in Switzerland - cannot wait to sit in it kiss

The farmer:

But the additional cost for having a decent car is a very minor problem right now. Just home in the north pool again after a month in Florida and, sorry for me, including Miami beach. In the news tonight, they recommended everyone that visited MB or  other Zika places to have safe(condom) sex in at least TWO MONTH. I where in Florida with my kids, just got back and my girlfriend (not with .us in USA)saw the news. THATS a problem.....mail

If your girlfriend isn't planning to become pregnant over the next couple of months, you're OK even without condom.

The Zika virus is really an issue for pregnant women and their unborn but healthy adults and even healthy kids don't have too worry much, there has been a lot of exaggeration lately, thanks to the media hype about it.

Funny, I have never ever been bitten by a mosquito in Florida, not even the kids or my wife. However, I have been stung by a bee at the pool (Sunny Isles Beach) and not only did it hurt like hell (I am usually not sensitive to bee stings since I have been stung by a couple of dozens of bees during my childhood and had a swollen face for over two weeks Smiley), the pain didn't disappear for a couple of days(!) and the sting location was thick (like a small node) for almost half a year. Very weird and I will never forget that. Mosquito bites? None. However we are always around autumn, winter or spring over there, never in summer.

--

The farmer:
    Lukas:

Hi,

No, not at all about fuel or not even economy (could have gotten the turbo fully loaded for 10-15 euros more, so...). It's about me testing something new and to build a new type of garage. I have the GT3 to track and have some fun rides in and the MB suv to haul and drive my daughter and here horses with. The PTS is therefore my DD. Average speed taking me to and from work 22-25 km/h....heart So now I wanted a luxury sedan as my DD, with a lot of comfort and power, but no need for access acceleration or speed. A turbo would have been a step down from my current PTS, but the diesel is something different. I'm also in line for the GT2 and the .2 GT3RS (if it comes).

So with some luck and in a few years time I will have a garage with all I need. Panamera diesel for DD, GT2 for some tracking and fun rides on the weekends, the .2 GT3RS for more or less only tracking (if it doesn't come, I'll keep the current GT3) and the MB Suv as a tractor..... 

Or at least, that is the plan and the Panamera diesel is the first step. Time will show if I succeed, but I will have some fun  hoping and dreaming on the way to completion (have always found it nice to spec and wait for new carsindecision)). 

That's one nice garage in the making. Makes totally sense about the diesel and great to test something new. That massive torque will be a great experience and perfect for those daily commutes at low speeds. The Cayenne S Diesel has got a lot of praise in media and many prefer it over the Turbo. So with the even more powerful Diesel in the P4S it could as well be the better choice as a DD compared with the Turbo.

I was actually also considering the P4S Diesel. The only thing that turned me down is the length and width of the car. I currently drive a Macan Turbo as my DD and really like the size of it. But the new gadgets and gizmos in the Panamera is really appealing. If I would have ordered one it would have been with the Sport Design package, 21" turbo wheels, Night blue metallic exterior and crayon/black interior + of course all the other nice optional extras like panoroof, adaptive cruise, etc :)

RC:
    The farmer:

If your girlfriend isn't planning to become pregnant over the next couple of months, you're OK even without condom.

The Zika virus is really an issue for pregnant women and their unborn but healthy adults and even healthy kids don't have too worry much, there has been a lot of exaggeration lately, thanks to the media hype about it.

Funny, I have never ever been bitten by a mosquito in Florida, not even the kids or my wife. However, I have been stung by a bee at the pool (Sunny Isles Beach) and not only did it hurt like hell (I am usually not sensitive to bee stings since I have been stung by a couple of dozens of bees during my childhood and had a swollen face for over two weeks Smiley), the pain didn't disappear for a couple of days(!) and the sting location was thick (like a small node) for almost half a year. Very weird and I will never forget that. Mosquito bites? None. However we are always around autumn, winter or spring over there, never in summer.

Must have been a bee from Texas.......

RC:
    The farmer:

Mr GOING-OFF-TOPIC!!!

--

AM

ALDO:
    RC:
    The farmer:

Mr GOING-OFF-TOPIC!!!

Oopsie...just wanted to help. Smiley Smiley

--

Thx RC smileykiss.

And Lukas, I took it all, including ceramic brakes, but excluding panorama roof (would mean Feb delivery, so I skiped that).

I also feel almost a bit wild and crazy, since I've changed from agate gray (two PTS in a row in that collor) to the very aggresiv vulcano gray....

RC:
    ALDO:
    RC:
    The farmer:

Mr GOING-OFF-TOPIC!!!

Oopsie...just wanted to help. Smiley Smiley

I read RC's response without looking at the passage he quoted and me too after reading the first sentence and hitting the word "condom", I was wondering what the heck was going on!!!  Smiley

But then I read The original quote which put it into context and everything was fine. 

Autocar tests the Panamera 4S Diesel: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/porsche/panamera/first-drives/2016-porsche-panamera-4s-diesel-review

--

2016 Cayman GT4 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2016 Macan S Diesel - 2013 Mini Cooper S

Thx,

Sounds quit good an according to my expectations smiley

That V8 diesel engine is really something!

--

Whoopsy:

That V8 diesel engine is really something!

Yep, had the chance to drive the SQ7, I don't even know where to begin...a real torque monster (although I drove it in the city only, so maybe not that great on the Autobahn).

Around mid September, I get to drive a RS6 Performance with Akrapovic exhaust (and some other goodies Smiley) as well for a week, looking for the next family car. Smiley

The Panamera Sport Turismo could be on my list if Porsche gets it right but I'm not a big fan of the large headlights and their (very likely) high price. A Sport Turismo with the V8 Diesel engine would certainly be a bestseller for Porsche, I have no doubt about it.

--

I mentioned before I was being driven around Leipzig in a Cayenne with the V8 diesel, it was fast, acceleration up to autobahn speed was swift, not long after we enter the highway we were up to 240km/hr, can't do any higher as the Cayenne was on winter tires. But it has no problem keeping up with traffic that's for sure.

--

Nick,

Your words and your overall liking of the V8 dieasel is very comforting for me...kiss And in the P4S diesel its even more tourque smiley

It is an engine that I would seriously consider if it were available here. smiley

Ultimate HP for ultimate top speed is useless for me over here, but mountains of torque that moves me from point a to point b is more interesting. 

Only thing not interesting is the short rev range and the odd ball looking rev counter. laugh

--

I just configured the 4S Diesel with all the goodies one could wish for that. To my surprise it costs "only" 154,000 Euros. Compared to my BMW 740d this is just € 20,000 more. This is actually not much. Just the better engine (V8) will be worth it. Maybe I can change my BMW? indecision
    Have just experience with car switching anyway...smileyangry

Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-25 um 19.12.29.png

Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-25 um 19.12.03.png

--

Kind regards, Conny 

Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016) BMW 740xDrive (2016)

Does anyone know when the Turbo S will be launched? 

Ziggy:

Does anyone know when the Turbo S will be launched? 

In about a year if my dealer is correct. Hybrid......? 650+ 136 and heavy?yescheeky

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 3/16/19 6:35 AM
    watt
    333329 2068
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 3/18/19 3:29 PM
    bobr

222713 1167
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 3/18/19 10:56 AM
    RCA
    150797 2657
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 3/18/19 3:58 PM
    DuckieRS
    71603 909
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 3/5/19 3:05 PM
    Kobalt
    17249 158
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 11/29/18 3:43 PM
    RCA
    14884 35
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 992 Carrera Cabriolet 3/13/19 6:43 AM
    Mikla
    12759 145
    Porsche Sticky New 992 Turbo 3/4/19 10:48 AM
    RCA
    6477 52
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 3/17/19 12:34 PM
    Wonderbar
    5418 84
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 1/4/19 7:02 PM
    Topspeed
    487686 4255
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 2/19/19 11:40 PM
    4trac
    425023 5222
    Porsche 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) Thread Closed 11/29/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    321154 3195
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 3/1/19 8:53 PM
    DJM48
    287842 2603
    Porsche Cayman GT4 3/17/19 12:44 PM
    bluelines
    285794 2815
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 3/4/19 9:47 AM
    Kobalt
    222201 2791
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 3/14/19 6:37 AM
    koko
    196281 1791
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 3/6/19 10:41 AM
    RCA
    192794 3358
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 12/17/18 12:42 PM
    RCA
    158824 2491
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    144921 757
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    113298 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    108184 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 3/15/19 6:55 PM
    CGX car nut
    101148 1389
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 12/7/18 10:15 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    69129 673
    Others Tesla Roadster 3/18/19 8:45 AM
    RCA
    66967 2070
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/3/18 11:09 AM
    bluelines
    48747 477
    AMG AMG GT R 3/6/19 7:44 PM
    RCA
    43789 619
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 3/18/19 2:21 PM
    RCA
    42827 863
    Lambo Aventador and SV 3/18/19 9:48 AM
    RCA
    41834 485
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 12/4/18 3:17 PM
    BiTurbo
    40790 650
    AMG Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 2/14/19 1:44 PM
    RCA
    40642 387
    273 items found, displaying 1 to 30.