Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    New prices for Porsche sports cars

    Stuttgart. Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG of Stuttgart, Germany, is raising the price of its 911 and Boxster sports-car series with effect from August 1. The Cayenne models, as presented in February 2007, will not be affected. At the start of the new model year, there will be a 0.5 percent price increase on the Boxster and a 0.4 percent rise on the Boxster S and Cayman S. The Cayman price will remain unchanged.

    The cost of the 911 Carrera, GT3, GT3 RS and all-wheel-drive models (excluding the 911 Carrera 4S Convertible) will go up by 1.5 percent. The cost of the Carrera S and the Carrera, Carrera S and Carrera 4S convertibles will rise by 1.4 percent, while the 911 Turbo will increase by 2.3 percent.

    Prices in Germany from August 1, 2007

    Boxster
    Base price*: Euro 37.900
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 45.309

    Boxster S
    Base price*: Euro 45.800
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 54.710

    Cayman
    Base price*: Euro 40.900
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 48.879

    Cayman S
    Base price*: Euro 50.500
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 60.303

    911 Carrera
    Base price*: Euro 68.000
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 81.128

    911 Carrera 4
    Base price*: Euro 73.300
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 87.435

    911 Carrera S
    Base price*: Euro 77.000
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 91.838

    911 Carrera Cabrio
    Base price*: Euro 77.000
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 91.838

    911 Targa 4
    Base price*: Euro 80.200
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 95.646

    911 Carrera 4S
    Base price*: Euro 82.300
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 98.145

    911 Carrera 4 Cabrio
    Base price*: Euro 82.300
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 98.145

    9911 Carrera S Cabrio
    Base price*: Euro 86.000
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 102.548

    911 Targa 4S
    Base price*: Euro 89.200
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 106.356

    911 Carrera 4S Cabrio
    Base price*: Euro 91.300
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 108.855

    911 GT3
    Base price*: Euro 94.400
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 112.544

    911 GT3 RS
    Base price*: Euro 113.300
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 135.035

    911 Turbo
    Base price*: Euro 117.600
    Recommended Retail Price**: Euro 140.152

    * Vehicle not including sales tax or country-specific requirements.

    ** Vehicle including 19% sales tax and country-specific requirements.

    GO


    16/5/2007

    Re: New prices for Porsche sports cars

    this shows that Porsche want to release the facelift in Sept hence all orders from Aug onwards will be facelifts

    Re: New prices for Porsche sports cars

    Yeah

    and there will be an 997 GT3RS with new backlights
    rg
    blu

    Re: New prices for Porsche sports cars

    Quote:
    ITALOKOKO said:
    this shows that Porsche want to release the facelift in Sept hence all orders from Aug onwards will be facelifts



    Incorrect. What this means is that MY08 cars will go up, yet the revised or 'facelifted' cars won't be on the scene still for another model year (MY09).

    Dan

    Re: New prices for Porsche sports cars

    Quote:
    Dan L said:
    Quote:
    ITALOKOKO said:
    this shows that Porsche want to release the facelift in Sept hence all orders from Aug onwards will be facelifts



    Incorrect. What this means is that MY08 cars will go up, yet the revised or 'facelifted' cars won't be on the scene still for another model year (MY09).

    Dan



    And do you think Porsche will do that after all the complaints of over the top profits going about. they want to appease the customers by releasing a better car with DFI so that no one will come up with the subject of profits anymore.

    Re: New prices for Porsche sports cars

    Only time will tell.

    Re: New prices for Porsche sports cars

    This is a minor price increase compared to when the facelift comes out in ONE MORE YEAR!
    Profits will go down in this last model year so the price needs to be jacked up a little.
    Cheers

    Re: New prices for Porsche sports cars

    Quote:
    ITALOKOKO said:
    this shows that Porsche want to release the facelift in Sept hence all orders from Aug onwards will be facelifts



    also, showing the price increases for 08(hopefully facelifted) might help sell the remaining 07's??

    Re: New prices for Porsche sports cars

    Quote:
    Leawood911 said:
    This is a minor price increase compared to when the facelift comes out in ONE MORE YEAR!
    Profits will go down in this last model year so the price needs to be jacked up a little.
    Cheers



    didnt porsche do a "minor" price increase for the 997 a year ago? are these "minor" increases going to happen every year?? I know forsure im getting a facelifted 997, i hope its very soon.

    Re: New prices for Porsche sports cars

    Quote:
    Leawood911 said:
    This is a minor price increase compared to when the facelift comes out in ONE MORE YEAR!
    Profits will go down in this last model year so the price needs to be jacked up a little.
    Cheers


    How can you jack up the price when you know that demand will be low, what is the logic in that. The higher the price the lower the demand simple economics !

    Re: New prices for Porsche sports cars

    yea, alot of folks are reporting that 997s are pilling up at dealerships, so the increase sure isnt gonna help sales

    Re: New prices for Porsche sports cars

    Quote:
    ITALOKOKO said:
    Quote:
    Leawood911 said:
    This is a minor price increase compared to when the facelift comes out in ONE MORE YEAR!
    Profits will go down in this last model year so the price needs to be jacked up a little.
    Cheers


    How can you jack up the price when you know that demand will be low, what is the logic in that. The higher the price the lower the demand simple economics !



    That would be simple economics but this is a Porsche not widgets. Demand is not that dependent on price (not a couple of % extra anyway). In this case demand is driven by the anticipation of the new model more than price - to that end Porsche must prevent the impression that it's right around the corner. Raising the price certainly sends that message loud and clear for me. It's cocky too!

    They know it may/will take huge price breaks to move the old model once the new one is in the showroom. What better way to prepare for a big discount than to raise prices a year ahead? In the meantime they will enjoy bigger margins to compensate for the lower volume.

    They also know that those who need a new 997 'right now' will not care about the few extra % in cost. It is my belief that in each year of a models lifetime they sell to a slightly different type of customer. In the first year they sell to those who want the latest regardless of the cost. During the middle of the run they get the long term customer who waited for the excitement to die down and during the end they get the bargain hunters that have been circling like buzzards for left-over's. Lastly, Life's 'Lottery' winners drop in continously with no idea of facelifts pending.

    I think we can all agree that these guys are marketing masters. They would not be raising the price if it did not make basic economic sense for them. Also, the fact that none of us here know when the new model will be released for certain, points to their expert Sales trickery. To me it all points to the facelift cars not being available until summer of 08. That gives them four years total to make a return on their initial 997 investment.

    The longer they can hold back the facelift the better - as there really is no 997 competition except from within. It's better for all of us current owners as well as it maintains our cars value for another year.

    Re: New prices for Porsche sports cars

    only time will tell! i hope it comes out sooner then later.

    Re: New prices for Porsche sports cars

    Quote:
    Leawood911 said:
    It is my belief that in each year of a models lifetime they sell to a slightly different type of customer. In the first year they sell to those who want the latest regardless of the cost. During the middle of the run they get the long term customer who waited for the excitement to die down and during the end they get the bargain hunters that have been circling like buzzards for left-over's. Lastly, Life's 'Lottery' winners drop in continously with no idea of facelifts pending.

    I think we can all agree that these guys are marketing masters. They would not be raising the price if it did not make basic economic sense for them. Also, the fact that none of us here know when the new model will be released for certain, points to their expert Sales trickery.



    good post

    Re: New prices for Porsche sports cars

    Quote:
    Leawood911 said:
    [...] It is my belief that in each year of a models lifetime they sell to a slightly different type of customer. In the first year they sell to those who want the latest regardless of the cost. During the middle of the run they get the long term customer who waited for the excitement to die down and during the end they get the bargain hunters that have been circling like buzzards for left-over's. Lastly, Life's 'Lottery' winners drop in continously with no idea of facelifts pending.

    I think we can all agree that these guys are marketing masters. They would not be raising the price if it did not make basic economic sense for them. Also, the fact that none of us here know when the new model will be released for certain, points to their expert Sales trickery. [...]


    Every word is worth its weight in gold

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 9/23/18 10:42 PM
    GaussM
    380148 4941
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 9/24/18 10:53 AM
    RCA
    314294 1932
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 7/21/18 6:45 AM
    bluelines
     
     
     
     
     
    207159 1067
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 9/24/18 11:05 PM
    JimFlat6
    195587 2267
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 9/24/18 10:42 AM
    DaveGordon
    170759 2594
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 9/25/18 10:22 AM
    RCA
    102506 2177
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 9/25/18 7:06 AM
    RCA
    28612 315
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 12:36 PM
    throt
    12405 117
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 6/18/18 8:51 PM
    Monkey
    12113 31
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    608673 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    509681 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    481281 4254
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    272024 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 9/20/18 4:20 AM
    Grant
    253584 2542
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    189879 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 9/25/18 4:09 AM
    koko
    181893 1616
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 9/25/18 2:53 PM
    schmoell
    172123 3158
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    141539 757
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 9/22/18 6:52 AM
    the-missile
    134249 2186
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    126238 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    110752 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    105741 871
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM
    DaveGordon
    98605 732
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 9/25/18 11:38 AM
    GaussM
    73057 925
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 7/29/18 8:40 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    64529 660
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    56511 423
    Lambo Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring? 11/7/17 12:30 AM
    kingjr9000
    49641 852
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/29/17 12:27 PM
    DJM48
    45304 471
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    42441 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 1/26/18 7:19 AM
    GoHardGT3RS
    40659 597
    305 items found, displaying 1 to 30.