Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Rennteam Outage.......

I for one was having serious withdrawal symptoms over not having my daily dose(s) of Rennteam.....I actually got more work finished, but never-the-less, I was still yearning for the moments when the server was back online....glad to see it was not 72 hours, but much less than that.

With that said, I for one would be willing to chip in to help pay for the new hardware.....why should RC have to cover this cost?

So, anyone up for a donation to help out RC? I sure do get my money's worth from the vast knowledge that is presented on this site, as well as the sheer entertainment value.

How about it RC? Give us a chance to chip in and help pay for the new equipment? Let us know how we can help you.....

Re: Rennteam Outage.......

Quote:
    FSU-997TT said:
    I for one was having serious withdrawal symptoms over not having my daily dose(s) of Rennteam.....I actually got more work finished, but never-the-less, I was still yearning for the moments when the server was back online....glad to see it was not 72 hours, but much less than that.

With that said, I for one would be willing to chip in to help pay for the new hardware.....why should RC have to cover this cost?

So, anyone up for a donation to help out RC? I sure do get my money's worth from the vast knowledge that is presented on this site, as well as the sheer entertainment value.

How about it RC? Give us a chance to chip in and help pay for the new equipment? Let us know how we can help you.....

Thanks a lot for the generous offer but we don't have a new hardware, we just encountered a serious problem due to some "unexpected" circumstances. I can't go into details but I'd say that it seems we don't have only friends out there in the world.

This has already been discussed in the past and I'd like to say only a few words:
    1. Rennteam.com is not only me, I'm just more frequently online (well, not right now maybe ). Rennteam is also CR (the grey shadow in the background... ) and the moderators and of course allt the Users.
    2. Rennteam.com hosting isn't that expensive, we can afford this. What really makes Rennteam.com expensive is the time I and the others from the Rennteam.com "staff" have to spend to maintain the site, reply to posts, check on posts, gather information, etc.
    3. to really be able to cover all "cost", we would need sponsors, ads, etc. Not really an option right now, unless we could convince large companies like Mobil 1 or even Porsche/Ferrari/etc. to sponsor us...not very likely to happen.
    4. if we earn money with Rennteam.com, we also would be under the pressure to deliver content for Rennteam.com. I couldn't accept money without offering you guys something in return. I know this community is nice and fun but to be honest, I wouldn't pay money to be part of it, not like it is now. We need a better forum design, we need a better integration of our picture gallery (lots of people don't even know we have one), more content like driving reports, news, etc.

Bottom line is: I would be more than happy to cover my "cost" with Rennteam.com or even earn money with it. Lots of generous offers have come from various users and we really appreciate it. On the other hand, our success is based on trust and honesty. And to be honest, I wouldn't feel good to take money from you guys without offering MUCH more in return.

Don't worry, if we ever decide to improve Rennteam.com and to make it much better (something I've been always dreaming about), we make get back to your offer and the offers of others. Right now, just enjoy being part of a very friendly community and enjoy Rennteam.com like it is.

Thanks again...

Thanks a lot for the generous offer but we don't have a new hardware, we just encountered a serious problem due to some "unexpected" circumstances. I can't go into details but I'd say that it seems we don't have only friends out there in the world.

This has already been discussed in the past and I'd like to say only a few words:
    1. Rennteam.com is not only me, I'm just more frequently online (well, not right now maybe ). Rennteam is also CR (the grey shadow in the background... ) and the moderators and of course allt the Users.
    2. Rennteam.com hosting isn't that expensive, we can afford this. What really makes Rennteam.com expensive is the time I and the others from the Rennteam.com "staff" have to spend to maintain the site, reply to posts, check on posts, gather information, etc.
    3. to really be able to cover all "cost", we would need sponsors, ads, etc. Not really an option right now, unless we could convince large companies like Mobil 1 or even Porsche/Ferrari/etc. to sponsor us...not very likely to happen.
    4. if we earn money with Rennteam.com, we also would be under the pressure to deliver content for Rennteam.com. I couldn't accept money without offering you guys something in return. I know this community is nice and fun but to be honest, I wouldn't pay money to be part of it, not like it is now. We need a better forum design, we need a better integration of our picture gallery (lots of people don't even know we have one), more content like driving reports, news, etc.

Bottom line is: I would be more than happy to cover my "cost" with Rennteam.com or even earn money with it. Lots of generous offers have come from various users and we really appreciate it. On the other hand, our success is based on trust and honesty. And to be honest, I wouldn't feel good to take money from you guys without offering MUCH more in return.

Don't worry, if we ever decide to improve Rennteam.com and to make it much better (something I've been always dreaming about), we make get back to your offer and the offers of others. Right now, just enjoy being part of a very friendly community and enjoy Rennteam.com like it is.

Thanks again...

I run a web site, together with my partners, related only to car design (not mentioned here because I don't want to make any publicity) and I know very well what do you mean by "we don't have only friends out there in the world".... I wish there would be any ways to make them feel how good it is when somebody is f****g with you hard (and well done work), time, money and illusions.....

Quote:
    RC said:

Is CR already that old???

rc you and the entire rennteam family add immeasuribly to my enjoyment of, for lack of better words, the porsche experience / obsession.
    if and when the time comes to contribute, i'm in....thanks

Quote:
    roadtrip said:
    rc you and the entire rennteam family add immeasuribly to my enjoyment of, for lack of better words, the porsche experience / obsession.

we are definitely indebted and are always welcome to anything you might want to do in the future.

Agreed...if you folks ever need help no matter how small, I'm always able and willing to lend a hand or two. I've come to enjoy coming on here.

I'm not addicted though..I'm not!

Many many thanks to all of Rennteam !!!

We have a successful online business since 2002 and we were attacked more than once by hackers. They never defaced the website but managed to take it offline (Denial of Service - DoS). We hired a UK-based IT security consulting firm in 2003 to beef-up our security policy and shifted hosting to a different ISP. During the past 3.5 years we've been operating at nearly 100% availability. Not a single incident since then.

I'd be happy to provide any contacts or information about our experience to RC or any Rennteam member. Always ready to contribute to this wonderful community.

Quote:
    roadtrip said:

I feel the same...RC let us know if you need help

what about having one rotating ad (maybe google adsense) at the top of the page. But if you're a member & signed in, then the ad will go away?

If you look at it that way, you wouldn't be making money off the members, just the freeloading guests that don't contribute

Quote:
    Oxonian said:
    We hired a UK-based IT security consulting firm in 2003 to beef-up our security policy and shifted hosting to a different ISP. During the past 3.5 years we've been operating at nearly 100% availability. Not a single incident since then.

I'd be happy to provide any contacts or information about our experience to RC or any Rennteam member. Always ready to contribute to this wonderful community.

Thanks a lot but I'm afraid we couldn't afford such a company. Our mail server already is already connected to a highly professional hardware firewall at a pro IT company to get rid of all those trojans, viruses, etc. we got as a "gift" all the time, sometimes up to 30 or 40 per day(!). There is still some Spam arriving but otherwise, we are now able to filter the mails for important stuff.

The server itself is maintained by a professional company and we have backups of the SQL database and the forum software setup, so there shouldn't be a real problem, even if the whole content would be deleted from the server. Of course this is a pain in the a.. when it happens but we can deal with it.

Anyway: thanks a lot, guys for the generous help offers. I'm really impressed and very thankful.

in the for what it's worth dept...there was an article in wednesday's wsj about something sponsered by yahoo called " hack day " on tuesday this sort of stuff wasn't supposed to happen but who knows if it's related to the rennteam event.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 10/13/18 7:49 PM
    lukestern
    390047 5041
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 10/14/18 11:37 PM
    watt
    316952 1950
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 10/22/18 3:31 PM
    RCA
    231931 2644
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 7/21/18 6:45 AM
    bluelines

208542 1067
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 10/22/18 9:04 AM
    MKSGRM
    180944 2653
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 10/22/18 3:21 PM
    Trundle_GT3
    110200 2238
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 9/25/18 7:06 AM
    RCA
    30209 315
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    13363 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 6/18/18 8:51 PM
    Monkey
    12693 31
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    613528 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    514252 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    482189 4254
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    274318 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/22/18 7:45 AM
    RCA
    257538 2574
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    190600 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 10/22/18 6:13 AM
    koko
    184393 1655
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 10/15/18 10:07 AM
    WhoopsyM
    175230 3187
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    142007 757
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 10/7/18 8:43 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    136510 2187
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    126952 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    111119 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    106022 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 10/22/18 8:05 AM