Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    the 400th Enzo

    Luca di Montezemolo decided to built an additional ENzo, the 400th. It will then be donated to Caritas to be sold through Sotheby's in order to help the Tsunami victims in South East Asia,
    Ferrari said it will be known as one of the most prestigious cars in the history of the prancing horse.

    What a wonderful gift!

    Best to all of you, Ferrari and the survivors in SEA!

    Floren.

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    And they say Ferrari doesn't advertise their cars..
    Maybe not on the usual channels, but they're marketing them in every possible circumstance.

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    the car in question is going to be worth a WHOLE lot.

    but it isnt exactly concieved from a happy event...

    will be interesting to see how much it gets bid to, at least 2-3 times the market price for a 'normal' enzo i bet.

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    Quote:
    Moogle said:
    the car in question is going to be worth a WHOLE lot.

    but it isnt exactly concieved from a happy event...

    will be interesting to see how much it gets bid to, at least 2-3 times the market price for a 'normal' enzo i bet.



    This car will collect at LEAST several millions, I'm pretty sure that a museum or a collector will buy this unique car.
    Yes, this is a very nice gesture from Ferrari, kudos to them.

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:
    the car in question is going to be worth a WHOLE lot.

    but it isnt exactly concieved from a happy event...

    will be interesting to see how much it gets bid to, at least 2-3 times the market price for a 'normal' enzo i bet.



    This car will collect at LEAST several millions, I'm pretty sure that a museum or a collector will buy this unique car.




    yes, but can it be driven in the snow like only a 997 can?

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    LOL... come on guys, chill out

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    It would be intresting to see where the money really goes. That cyborg schumacher needs some exspensive maintainence I bet. Robots get banged up and need repair ya know

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    Something tells me I went over the top

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    I'm glad to see you came to that conclusion yourself

    Good weekend!!

    Gregor

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    This car will collect at LEAST several millions, I'm pretty sure that a museum or a collector will buy this unique car.



    yes, but can it be driven in the snow like only a 997 can?


    If you had to choose between looking at a ferrari in a collector's exhibition and driving a 997 in the snow, what would YOU choose?

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    Schumacher donated 7 Mio Euro from his own private bank account (due to german-press).

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    It was 7,5 million.
    And he got critizised from a well known poltician for spending that money without paying any taxes in the meantime..

    Best, Floren.

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    Quote:
    Lars996 said:
    Schumacher spended 7 Mio Euro from his own account (due to german-press).



    Yes, 10 mio dollars, I think this is over the edge, but hey, it's his money right ! .... but when I should give so mutch money to sharity, I would give it to a lot more projects, .... there is a lot of need elsewhere too , and also for future projects !!

    That's my opinion

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    Lars996 said:
    Schumacher spended 7 Mio Euro from his own account (due to german-press).



    Yes, 10 mio dollars, I think this is over the edge, but hey, it's his money right ! .... but when I should give so mutch money to sharity, I would give it to a lot more projects, .... there is a lot of need elsewhere too , and also for future projects !!

    That's my opinion



    Exactly what kind of projects are you talking about?

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    Quote:
    Gregor said:
    I'm glad to see you came to that conclusion yourself

    Good weekend!!

    Gregor



    Well Gregor somtimes I forget where Im posting and just try out some silly "humor". My post did have a descent question though...where will all the money go? I doubt every last bit will see the victims.

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    Quote:
    Ryan in SD said:
    Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    Lars996 said:
    Schumacher spended 7 Mio Euro from his own account (due to german-press).



    Yes, 10 mio dollars, I think this is over the edge, but hey, it's his money right ! .... but when I should give so mutch money to sharity, I would give it to a lot more projects, .... there is a lot of need elsewhere too , and also for future projects !!

    That's my opinion



    Exactly what kind of projects are you talking about?



    There is a lot of poverty, misery, ... in the world, there's more than Asia and the tsunami

    What do you think ??

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    yes, but can it be driven in the snow like only a 997 can?



    I bet YOU can tell me.

    Re: the 400th Enzo




    There is a lot of poverty, misery, ... in the world, there's more than Asia and the tsunami

    What do you think ??



    I think we should try and keep this board relevant to ferraris.

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    Wasnt there a ENZO that drove up the Alps in the snow this season???

    I forgot if it was in France or at Cortina.

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Wasnt there a ENZO that drove up the Alps in the snow this season???

    I forgot if it was in France or at Cortina.



    It was actually a 997 Turbo camouflaged as an Enzo.
    And yes, we should definetely get back to discussing cars because apparently some of us find excuses NOT to donate because they don't know where the money goes. If 50% of what I donated reaches the victims, I'm happy.
    The best advice: donate to large, well known organisations like the Red Cross. Of course some money goes away for internal stuff but at least I know that some of the money reaches the victims. Stay away from little organizations who claim to finance small private projects. You never can be sure. And now back to cars...

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    Quote:
    RC said:
    The best advice: donate to large, well known organisations like the Red Cross.



    A while back there was a bit of a row about the top brass at red cross being paid somewhere in the region of $150 000 a year....so i don't know that i would donate through them anymore....i mean, a person working for CHARITY should never be paid that much, in my oppinion.

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    I think it is fantastic that they have done this effort though.

    Re: the 400th Enzo

    Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    Ryan in SD said:
    Quote:
    jennyz said:
    Quote:
    Lars996 said:
    Schumacher spended 7 Mio Euro from his own account (due to german-press).



    Yes, 10 mio dollars, I think this is over the edge, but hey, it's his money right ! .... but when I should give so mutch money to sharity, I would give it to a lot more projects, .... there is a lot of need elsewhere too , and also for future projects !!

    That's my opinion



    Exactly what kind of projects are you talking about?



    There is a lot of poverty, misery, ... in the world, there's more than Asia and the tsunami

    What do you think ??



    Well I think everyone jumped into the tsunami thing becuase it was just one big heart ache that happened suddenly and stole the news. Poverty is a continuing thing that most people tend to ignore.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 10/13/18 7:49 PM
    lukestern
    389361 5041
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 10/14/18 11:37 PM
    watt
    316772 1950
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 10/20/18 7:09 PM
    911tts
    229318 2629
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 7/21/18 6:45 AM
    bluelines
     
     
     
     
     
    208429 1067
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 10/21/18 3:59 AM
    CGX car nut
    179904 2647
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 10/19/18 10:00 PM
    DaveGordon
    109445 2233
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 9/25/18 7:06 AM
    RCA
    30133 315
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    13336 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 6/18/18 8:51 PM
    Monkey
    12680 31
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    612541 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    513244 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    482086 4254
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    273836 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/20/18 11:17 PM
    ag23
    256769 2567
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    190514 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 10/21/18 3:54 AM
    koko
    184041 1652
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 10/15/18 10:07 AM
    WhoopsyM
    175062 3187
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    141954 757
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 10/7/18 8:43 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    136124 2187
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    126832 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    111062 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    106001 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 10/21/18 12:11 AM
    Leawood911
    79221 1058
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 10/13/18 9:50 PM
    RCA
    65579 672
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    56785 423
    Lambo Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring? 11/7/17 12:30 AM
    kingjr9000
    49773 852
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/29/17 12:27 PM
    DJM48
    45644 471
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    42582 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 1/26/18 7:19 AM
    GoHardGT3RS
    40842 597
    Others Tesla Roadster 10/20/18 10:45 AM
    AP911
    39775 1351
    305 items found, displaying 1 to 30.