Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: POLL: What do you think Porsche should prioritize on

Porsche needs to offer a Macan Targa Turbo Hybrid.

Maybe with a 4cyl Turbo engine and two electric motors.

Porsche needs to do everything they can do to get a Macan model to that magical $150K price point.Smiley

In the current market place, SUV is king. It's where the money is, it's what customers are buying. SUV, especially powerful ones, provides a best compromised for customers. A lot of us here are the minority, most normal people prefer the higher seating position of a SUV easier ingress/exit on a SUV, and the increased cargo room over a estate. Most people driving on real roads don't really exceed 0.4-0.5g lateral Gs, a well tuned SUV can take that easily.

I am actually thankful that Porsche did the Cayenne, Panamera and the Macan. Those 'non-911s' made enough cash for Porsche to justify toying with a money losing 918 project. 

I actually think Porsche needs a mid size sedan, something in the M5/E63 market. Gives it 5 seats, 500-550HP and awd. And no hunchback of Notre Dame styling please. The Panamera as it sits right now is way too big.

--

reginos:

Even in the USA, they are beginning to hate extreme  wealth and its trappings!

Attitudes around the world are changing fast.

Actually, I agree with you on this one. I noticed lately that regular people, like valet employees or hotel employees, kind of changed their attitude towards wealthy people and not necessarily in a good way. They try to hide it but I am a careful observer and I love talking to people when I am outside Germany, so I get a certain vibe and some nasty comments I never heard before in the US. Regular people seem to be more sensitive to wealth, to the excesses of wealth and also they seem to value their own work more than in the past. I feel sad to say that their work doesn't really live up to my expectations most of the time, so maybe an unhealthy higher self-esteem kicked in, provoked by excessive wealth but I can see how this will create problems for future generations in the US. Obama did a great job to make regular people much more aware of their financial situation and even worse, the financial situation of others, so I think it will get similar to Europe in the US in a couple of years. Like in Europe, there will be some wealth "islands", where wealth is kind of OK to show off (like the Cote d'Azur in Europe for example)...Beverly Hills, Miami, etc. but overall, I think that public perception of wealth has changed in a pretty negative way.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

JimFlat6:

Porsche needs to offer a Macan Targa Turbo Hybrid.

Maybe with a 4cyl Turbo engine and two electric motors.

Porsche needs to do everything they can do to get a Macan model to that magical $150K price point.Smiley

A Macan Turbo S will already have a base price tag of around 99-100k EUR and it will easily hit 115-120k EUR once you add some luxury options to it. Keep in mind that we are talking about a smaller midsize SUV here.

I am also pretty sure that the next generation (not facelift) Cayenne Turbo S will be the first SUV from Porsche to hit the "magic" 200k EUR barrier. Ouch.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Bring on Elysium!!!

--

991 (what a car!) XC90 - 120 Cab - 2 kids, 1 dog

bridggar:

Bring on Elysium!!!

This is the solution... Smiley

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE

2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

"Obama did a great job to make regular people much more aware of their financial situation and even worse"  Sarcasm I hope - Race Baiting and class warfare in order to drive up the deficit and win elections is a poor trade.  We have people whp are pissed and near rioting as a result because no solutions are provided - only instructions to hate and turn against each other.  We should be celebrating wealth and success and cheering on more to do the same! 

Porsche should provide a better warranty - 10 yrs, 100K miles - transferable.  Improvements and resale value would follow from that.  They could double the cars they sell - at the same price and the customer would have a huge value increase.  Complaining about hp increases or more speed is pointless.  You can only go so far and hp increases are not sustainable - we can't expect 1000 hp in 10 or even 20 years!  That is where some would want us to be at current rates.

Just give us reliable, quick and safe cars which maintain their value because they are well built and warrantied by the factory for a VERY LONG time.

Hey Leawood, just how do you cheer on more to before successful when this is in the way... 

http://www.tickld.com/x/wtf-is-wrong-is-wrong-with-americans-this-guy-nails-it

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

AtzPorsche - It is a no brainer that we all want free healthcare, excellent healthcare for that matter.  Free education, and less people in prison.  On and on.  Wait - I can't find anyone who does not like that and Santa Claus.  The fact is Obama Care does not deliver on any of its promises - makes healthcare more expensive and degrades care and outcomes in the process.  Dems and Republicans put on a show for us and then do nothing but make problems worse or find new problems.  Both excel at making our ta dollars vanish and they don't shy away from turning us against each other.  Scary, if you ask me.

Slogans and goals are great - having policies and programs in place to make it happen is unlikely to take place with a bloated federal government.  It is simply foolish that you would trust such a wasteful organization with meeting such important goals.  You certainly do not have to punish success to make that stuff happen.  In fact you want people to be healthy, educated and law abiding so that they can be rich successful people!  Government is never going to be able to make people rich - or healthy or law abiding.  People have to CHOOSE to improve their lives and have incentive to do just that.  It is a myth that the choice to do that does not exist in America.  Total BS.  This is simply not the case and yet the myth getting worse and our president leads the ugly class warfare charge.  Pay attention please.  

Use logic (follow the money) and please accept that a 10Cent on the dollar outfit can not be trusted with the goals we wish to meet.  Your thoughts are noble and your heart is in the right place but your faith is on the wrong team!  You will figure that out. 

BTW - We could provide 10 times the services 'provided' in Nordic countries IF the Federal Government got out of the way.  You would think that given the importance of such programs we could find a less wasteful way of solving the crisis?
    Also, if you think the Nordic programs are all 'Free' you have not encountered the old saying - 'There is no free lunch'.
     (How much does a 911 cost in Norway?  Funny eh?  Free healthcare unless you earn money - )

Mate, I am on your side for sure. I've never liked Obama because I felt since day one that the things he said and the things he promised were empty talk to get voted into office. Very little of his promises materialized and I generally disagree with almost all of his platform points. However, I am even more disappointed in the Republicans failing to come into a more realistic position to provide a serious alternative. I am conservative, I would vote for a modern Republican.. but this simply wasn't the case. Obama has been doing a decent job to some extend, but what I really don't like in the US is the very polarized system of just two extremes. It appears that there never is any grey.... This is exactly why things have been going so sideways... The reason I brought that poster thing about education up is to show how things are just so very wrong. I am in this system, I work hard, and I too have crazy student loans. It just doesn't make any sense anymore... The wrong forces are delegating the money. I wouldn't want to live in Norway either, taxes are insane to pay for everything. Surely, there must be a sweet spot in the middle. Canada is pretty good for this thus far, hence why I am living and building my life here. 

In the end, you must agree with me though that opportunities are getting much slimmer in recent times... It's all reflected in the middle classes which are eroding away. Again, it's ineffective government policies at the root of it all. 

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

AtzPorsche - It is simple economics in every case.  Government tries hard to legislate economics but it can not - not any more than gravity or weather.  They do it all with the best outward intentions but the fact is they want control and power.  Obama Care is not about health care - it is about some false outrage about not everyone being able to afford the same health INSURANCE.  As a result all our health insurance is impacted. we lose doctors, hospitals and charitable reglious care providers bail out.  Never mind that everyone received, by law, great care regardless of ability to pay!  The ACA is all about ending health insurance as we know it and going to 'single payer'.  From there healthcare is under control of that single payer. The same payer who pays you social secuity, which is bankrupt, until you die.  Did I mention - the same payer who puts Veterans on invisible waiting lists and lets people die (VA). Hmmm?  conflict of interest?  Perhaps...

Look at who provides services efficiently - Private industry!  WalMart is great at delivering cheap products from around the world, McDonalds can put a hell of a lot of cheap food on a table, Car companies make amazing cars (vs. Trabant) - UPS and other private delivery services run circles around the US Post Office.  It is private industry which produces and creates jobs.  Period.  How far behind are we in Space Travel or Medicine because of NASA or the FDA?  All we need is for the government to get out of the way (90% of the time) so that jobs can be created.  Get government out of education and implement School vouchers - competion will make students better prepared and teachers better paid (fewer administrators).  Get the governmet out of the student loan business - that will drive prices down and when there are more jobs you will have more money to pay them back as well.  And if someone has student loans realize that if a 10 cent on the dollar outfit like the US government has to pay them back the drain on the system is 10-fold for all those who did not even get to take part in the education received, so we really need to consider if the Government should be covering bad student loans.

I would rather focus on providing the best medical care for those who can not afford it than providing insurance for everyone, even if they don't need it.  The name 'Affordable Care Act' is so wrong on so many levels - It is not affordable, it is about insurance and care is not even a consideration and there is no Act or Action other than to create a huge spending machine to distribute new taxes. 

The 'FAIR Tax' is an excellent start to solve our problems.  It would create jobs on an epic scale - we would not have an imigration problem, we would need to entice more people to come to the US and wages would rise due to demand not due to job killing minimum wage laws with rates dreamed up by some politician.

Porsche, in the meanwhile, should focus on building excellent, reliable, quick and efficent sports cars with awesome warranties. Maybe address tire costs a bit - longer lasting compounds which can be produced and sold for 1/2 price would be a great start and also very enviromentally friendly.  Cheers

MKSGR:

GT2RS Smiley

+ 1

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 10/13/18 7:49 PM
    lukestern
    389281 5041
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 10/14/18 11:37 PM
    watt
    316761 1950
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 10/20/18 7:09 PM
    911tts
    229107 2629
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 7/21/18 6:45 AM
    bluelines

208419 1067
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 10/19/18 11:08 PM
    lexs4
    179839 2645
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 10/19/18 10:00 PM
    DaveGordon
    109394 2233
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 9/25/18 7:06 AM
    RCA
    30127 315
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    13335 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 6/18/18 8:51 PM
    Monkey
    12678 31
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    612451 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    513161 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    482077 4254
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    273791 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/20/18 11:17 PM
    ag23
    256692 2567
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    190498 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 10/19/18 7:56 PM
    Rossi
    183999 1648
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 10/15/18 10:07 AM
    WhoopsyM
    175045 3187
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    141952 757
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 10/7/18 8:43 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    136099 2187
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    126821 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    111055 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    106001 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 10/20/18 5:31 PM