Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    997 GT3 RS dates

    Wich is the lap time of "997 GT3 RS" in N-ring and Hockenheim?
    Thanks

    Re: 997 GT3 RS dates

    7.48 (NBR) and 1.11,1 (HHR).

    Lap times can be found here: www.sportauto-online.de/aktuell_U_sport/On-Line/hxcms_article_%20%20502725_14653.hbs

    Re: 997 GT3 RS dates

    which is 10s more than the R35 GTR (7min38 video on youtube).
    Man Porsche has to regain performance crown...

    Re: 997 GT3 RS dates

    Quote:
    Alex Sachs said:
    which is 10s more than the R35 GTR (7min38 video on youtube).
    Man Porsche has to regain performance crown...



    The GTR has not been tested (officially) by Sportauto yet. Sportauto just mentioned briefly that they did a test ride (without proper timing etc.). Their result in this first drive was around 7:50. Thus, I am very sceptical with regards to the 7:38... The 7:38 was not done on a customer car but with a special factory car. Let's wait for the Sportauto test of a regular GTR

    Re: 997 GT3 RS dates

    The Test of the GTR was NO FULL LAP at the Nordschleife!!!

    This test is not meaningful and not official...

    you should not always believe the press.

    Re: 997 GT3 RS dates

    But then what do you do about the Tsukuba lap times ?
    GT3 1.05.1 min (best ever seen 1.04.8 min
    GTR 1.02.1 min

    It's a very short and twisty track.

    See the March 2008 Best motoring... (topic in 997 turbo section)

    Regards,

    Re: 997 GT3 RS dates

    Quote:
    Alex Sachs said:
    But then what do you do about the Tsukuba lap times ?
    GT3 1.05.1 min (best ever seen 1.04.8 min
    GTR 1.02.1 min

    It's a very short and twisty track.

    See the March 2008 Best motoring... (topic in 997 turbo section)

    Regards,



    If the track is short and twisty maybe the Smart Fortwo would be even faster than the GTR

    Re: 997 GT3 RS dates

    Quote:
    phil993 said:
    The Test of the GTR was NO FULL LAP at the Nordschleife!!!

    This test is not meaningful and not official...

    you should not always believe the press.



    the GTR does a full lap in 7.29

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUM4fM-85ZM&feature=related

    for those are not believing, it is a video on which you clearly can monitor how the GTR does 7.29 on the whole round.

    What other proofs do you need, official or not...


    Re: 997 GT3 RS dates

    Quote:
    Michael (ex. partyboy) said:
    Quote:
    phil993 said:
    The Test of the GTR was NO FULL LAP at the Nordschleife!!!

    This test is not meaningful and not official...

    you should not always believe the press.



    the GTR does a full lap in 7.29

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUM4fM-85ZM&feature=related

    for those are not believing, it is a video on which you clearly can monitor how the GTR does 7.29 on the whole round.

    What other proofs do you need, official or not...



    Yes, that's 7.29 min. But NOT a 480 hp GT-R, that's clear.

    Re: 997 GT3 RS dates

    Do all laps of the Ring comprise of an unfinished lap? Because that is what the video shows. There is a rolling start, the clock starts, and then 7,29 min later the clock stops about 300 meters short of the starting line.
    If every other car with a claimed Ring time follows the same routine, then yes, the times are comparable.

    But if not, then there could be an easy four second difference. Not much, but clearly enough to the people who keep on posting here about Ring lap times and make an issue out of each second of time difference.

    Re: 997 GT3 RS dates

    Yup... which is faster than all Ferraris including the 599, all Lambos, all Mercs, all Zondas... clearly everyone of us should chop our cars in for the far superior Nissan on the basis of this YouTube clip and an alleged lap time somewhere most up us have never and will never drive.

    Not!

    Re: 997 GT3 RS dates

    EH NINAO TA NA HORA DA PORSCHE SE MEXER!! HEAHEAHEA


    ABRACOOOO

    Re: 997 GT3 RS dates

    Quote:
    acrobat said:
    Quote:
    Michael (ex. partyboy) said:
    Quote:
    phil993 said:
    The Test of the GTR was NO FULL LAP at the Nordschleife!!!

    This test is not meaningful and not official...

    you should not always believe the press.



    the GTR does a full lap in 7.29

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUM4fM-85ZM&feature=related

    for those are not believing, it is a video on which you clearly can monitor how the GTR does 7.29 on the whole round.

    What other proofs do you need, official or not...



    Yes, that's 7.29 min. But NOT a 480 hp GT-R, that's clear.




    pic on left shows when they stopped the clock.
    pic in the middle shows the clock not started at this same position
    pic on right shows after 0.21 second when the clock started (as accurate as the youtude vid gets)

    the youtube clock shows a difference of 4 seconds between the middle picture & the right hand one. (See timer in bottom right hand corner in each pic)

    not a very accurate argument but neither is the you tube video. we should all wait for the independent tests.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 1/19/18 10:13 PM
    throt
    263655 1687
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 1/23/18 7:41 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    260593 4022
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 1/23/18 5:17 PM
    DaveGordon
    89759 1400
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 1/12/18 7:11 PM
    the-missile
    67527 673
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 1/3/18 8:32 PM
    CGX car nut
    39875 468
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 11/28/17 12:15 AM
    EnglishManInNY
    23926 332
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche Carrera T 12/1/17 7:24 PM
    crayphile
    13729 243
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 718 GTS models (Oct. 2017) 10/24/17 12:19 PM
    amazon
    7291 19
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    548417 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    456625 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 10/26/17 1:33 PM
    NSXER
    446383 4239
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 2016 Porsche Carrera 911 [991.2] Facelift 3/24/17 12:49 PM
    RCA
    254981 1382
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 1/4/18 9:14 PM
    wurlie
    247604 2558
    Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 3/15/17 10:40 PM
    noone1
     
     
     
     
     
    231293 737
    Porsche Cayman GT4 12/30/17 11:07 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    213276 2482
    Porsche 991 GT2 RS (2017) - Rumors, speculations and gossip Thread Closed 7/3/17 2:04 PM
    RCA
    175537 1699
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 11/13/17 2:32 AM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    165152 874
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    164506 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 1/23/18 7:44 PM
    964C2
    141394 1228
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 1/23/18 4:11 AM
    Whoopsy
    139016 2857
    Porsche 991.2 GT3 Thread Closed 3/7/17 11:47 AM
    RCA
    125036 1651
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 12/29/17 8:31 AM
    dreamcar
    110809 692
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    108111 1284
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 1/18/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    105677 1869
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 12/5/17 3:29 PM
    RCA
    87271 765
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM
    DaveGordon
    81722 732
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 7/10/17 2:36 PM
    RCA
    81485 861
    Porsche 991 GTS 4/3/17 4:27 PM
    bluelines
    68500 247
    Porsche OFFICIAL: Cayenne (958) Facelift 2014 3/2/17 4:22 PM
    RCA
    67179 163
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 (facelift) Carrera 4 and Carrera 4S 3/30/17 7:33 PM
    Carlos from SpainM
    60368 131
    370 items found, displaying 1 to 30.